Noise from headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin Shepherd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a rattling noise from the headliner and it's driving me INSANE. its behind the sunroof. if i wack the headliner it easily duplicates the sound. the velcro clips around the sunroof are attached. I would like to take the headliner off, or at least remove it up to the point where i can access back there and fix whatever is rattling. Anybody know how to do this without ruining the headliner? 2016 Ram Rebel

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Probably part of the frame for the shade. Mine rattled a lot so I put some dynamat on it to silence it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a rattling noise from the headliner and it's driving me INSANE. its behind the sunroof. if i wack the headliner it easily duplicates the sound. the velcro clips around the sunroof are attached. I would like to take the headliner off, or at least remove it up to the point where i can access back there and fix whatever is rattling. Anybody know how to do this without ruining the headliner? 2016 Ram Rebel
Remove the A,B, and C pillars (or just B and C) from one side to gain enough room to drop s corner of the headliner down to inspect. The more you remove, the less likely you are to damage the headliner but in my experience the headliner is somewhat resilient when bending it. Removing the garnet hooks helps too and is very easily done.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi Austin,

If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members, I kindly recommend following up with your local Ram dealer for further support. We are just a PM away if you go that route and any additional support is needed for that process.

Mark
RamCares

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
I get that also ever since dealer removed headliner to tighten sat antenna as it was so loose and leaking water into my truck. Now I also have like an obstacle detect or something with sunroof. Sunroof doesn't like to shut closed on real cold days as a smoker. Not fun trying to constantly hit button million times while almost late for work from this a lot. I keep a huge towel in back now as I've had to drape it over roof and shut doors on towel to help snow from completely ruining my leather and electronics besides the freezing temps lol.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I get that also ever since dealer removed headliner to tighten sat antenna as it was so loose and leaking water into my truck. Now I also have like an obstacle detect or something with sunroof. Sunroof doesn't like to shut closed on real cold days as a smoker. Not fun trying to constantly hit button million times while almost late for work from this a lot. I keep a huge towel in back now as I've had to drape it over roof and shut doors on towel to help snow from completely ruining my leather and electronics besides the freezing temps lol.

Hi @stbear007 - I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. To clarify, have you had a chance to address this further with your dealer?

Mark
RamCares

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Hi @stbear007 - I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. To clarify, have you had a chance to address this further with your dealer?

Mark
RamCares
Yes and no. Looks like I'll be doing it myself as my dealers in this automotive town just like charging money and find nothing even if obvious. Just like I'm waiting on a new actuator in mail for blend door under passenger side next to centre of dash to replace myself under warranty. They claim to have done a test and nothing wrong yet I don't have defrost heat or much heat or ac from up or down depending which way I flip it manually. I actually just put a new thread up for banging under passenger side dash since brand new also. Which I have half apart searching for it also.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yes and no. Looks like I'll be doing it myself as my dealers in this automotive town just like charging money and find nothing even if obvious. Just like I'm waiting on a new actuator in mail for blend door under passenger side next to centre of dash to replace myself under warranty. They claim to have done a test and nothing wrong yet I don't have defrost heat or much heat or ac from up or down depending which way I flip it manually. I actually just put a new thread up for banging under passenger side dash since brand new also. Which I have half apart searching for it also.

Thank you for taking the time to follow up with me, I regret to hear your sentiments regarding your local dealers. If you are in need of any further support, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM.

Mark
RamCares

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Thank you for taking the time to follow up with me, I regret to hear your sentiments regarding your local dealers. If you are in need of any further support, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM.

Mark
RamCares

Thanks for reply tho yet I'm use to fixing my vehicles myself so I don't get more damage back or unexpected charges from dealer. The dealer had the nerve to FedEx a mechanics lean on my truck for work done I did not sign for or ask for. I strictly told them several times in my texts and emails and voice calls to remind them bot to do this blend door check. Now my wife had just brought her jeep in for airbag recall and got it back with broken radio trim bezel no windows work or keyfobs work just manual key lol. Different dealership 45 away each way taking both trucks gas and time is pathetic. I just found out this dealership is owned by same one I had problem with. Go figure. I sent pics of broken trim and waiting on response since I was adamant it was their mechanic that broke it during recall as it had been taken off to do so. They are kind of expecting me to pay for it and I will not as it is their fault. We couldn't show them when we picked up vehicle with key locked inside on weekend when they were closed. We will see what they plan on doing over this soon I hope. Wife is pissed at the lack of quality over repair especially since she works at fca doing repairs in trim and can't believe this was ok from a dealer. Her jeep is 6 years old with 32000 km on it. We barely use i . I'm afraid to bring it in again as it is well known that year for casting sand in glycol. Water pump was replaced when jeep was a month old and sat at dealership for 3 months brand new couldn't be used in nice weather as why she bought a jeep till fixed. I've myself twice have drained glycol flushed and fill at my expense. Looks like it still needs it again as bo heat on drivers side only heat on passenger side and smells like glycol in jeep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500