Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott thorpe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How many miles between oil changes , from when you change oil and reset. to when the change oil symbol comes back on? Thanks

6.4l Hemi 2500 2016

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
a UOA will tell you how far you should go with your style of driving but 5,000 miles is usually a safe bet with a quality oil. I am sure you can go further but the Hemi is a picky engine and I wouldnt chance pushing it.

We offer Red Line Synthetic oil. It has proven to be a great oil for the Hemi time and time again. You can order it here with a discount, NO promo code needed.
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23696684-r...package-for-ram-150025003500-gas-engines.html

for your 6.4 0w40 is what is spec for you. I run Red Line 0w40 in my 6.4 Hemi!

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
How many miles between oil changes , from when you change oil and reset. to when the change oil symbol comes back on? Thanks

6.4l Hemi 2500 2016
My 2018 6.4 oil life monitor is set to 8k miles, but I change at 4-5k depending on how I use the truck. And use will depend on what your oil change interval will be. Highway, towing, sitting in traffic, whatever it might be and oil type all need to be considered. If you want to run long oil change intervals you'll need to do an oil analysis from Blackstone Laboratories; you just take a small sample and send it to them. It cost $28 and they will send you a report and tell you how your oil is performing and how long you can run it.

What oil do you plan on running? What oil filter you want to use?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

6.4l Hemi 2500 2016

Depends on mileage and time, I believe in 6 mos it automatically goes off, or whatever yor book says minus your driving habits. The algorithim with shorten the oci based on driving style and habits. Nick is the cheapest place to get redline bar none if you choose so, the only thing I would say is go for 5w40, it is a much better oil, even 5w30 great choice. Blue label redline only, don't go for the silver label or race stuff. The hths is a full 4 points difference 0w40 redline to 5w40, the 5w40 being higher.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Scott: Give the fellas a bit of information on how your 6.4L will be driven -->(Example "Driving Style & Driving Habits")

Also what brand of Oil & Filter you will be using! -->Also very important info for others to know to help give the correct advice or recommendations.

Edit: Do a little bit of reading within the Synthetic Oil thread...

Many 6.4L owners post their Oil & Filter Questions / Advice within those walls.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scott thorpe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sorry for the late reply, I have many issues going on with this truck and Chrysler. I will be writing a full follow up once I get my truck back. Thankyou