Oil sweating on the top of the engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocktd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
I recently noticed some oil sweat on the back of engine for my 2016 Ram1500 pentastar v6. It appears to be around the fuel injector? My truck has about 44k miles and about to run out of power chain warranty. Any idea what could be the cause of it and should I be worried? Thanks!engine sweat 3.png engine sweat 2.png

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is it over heating,causing it to sweat? But seriously it appears that it is your spark plug tub that may be leaking , or valve over gasket needs tightened up. Get some degreaser and clean your whole engine , it will give you a better shot at pinpointing your leak.cleaning will also give you an idea of how fast it’s leAking.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I recently noticed some oil sweat on the back of engine for my 2016 Ram1500 pentastar v6. It appears to be around the fuel injector? My truck has about 44k miles and about to run out of power chain warranty. Any idea what could be the cause of it and should I be worried? Thanks!View attachment 236726 View attachment 236727

I'll just go with the obvious.

Your heater/coolant hoses that just happen to be running over the valve cover would be where I check. To me looks simply like condensation met some grease and stayed in your valve cover spark plug tube area. Just clean it and see if it comes back.

OP
OP
R

Rocktd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
Is it over heating,causing it to sweat? But seriously it appears that it is your spark plug tub that may be leaking , or valve over gasket needs tightened up. Get some degreaser and clean your whole engine , it will give you a better shot at pinpointing your leak.cleaning will also give you an idea of how fast it’s leAking.
Thank you, will try that.

OP
OP
R

Rocktd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
I'll just go with the obvious.

Your heater/coolant hoses that just happen to be running over the valve cover would be where I check. To me looks simply like condensation met some grease and stayed in your valve cover spark plug tube area. Just clean it and see if it comes back.
Thank you!