Open question - help required

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes. If I pay for a new engine that includes a warranty and you are trying to potentially avoid honoring it. What do you recommend? Go and make a scene or threats? Or send a card thanking them for taking my money and F--king me on the warranty?

I agree if he still had a warranty. Based on his mileage the warranty is over, he said he had a 50,000 k warranty and has put on over 75,000. It is definitely bad business!!

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The conversation went from kilometers to miles and when he said 50,000 kilometer warranty and I read 45,000 Miles on it in a post after that I mistook it for 45,000 km so I thought he had 5000 left on his warranty My apologies for thinking he was being wronged.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
definitely have the heads and cylinder head bolts checked. You can check your oil to see if it looks like a milk shake. If so, that's the oil and coolant being mixed either in at the head gasket or intake manifold gasket. More likely the cylinder head gasket though. How is it running? Do you notice a rough idle or any performance issues? Is it overheating at all?? I would get it to a mechanic ASAP regardless of time or not being able to contact the original shop. You can just drive back to the shop that did the original rebuild as they should be familiar with the engine. Only getting that many miles after a rebuild says that they either did something wrong or used crappy parts though. Just my 2 cents.

Thomas Scott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel
be a better site if less people like addiicted to fishing kept personel feelings to there self when someone needs help

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
be a better site if less people like addiicted to fishing kept personel feelings to there self when someone needs help
Not seeing where he said anything out of the way. May be a better site if snow flakes melted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

This member is a great guy and has a lot of knowledge. He’s delt with a lot of problems from people that screwed him over and ended up needing legal advice. He’s trying to pass on info that he’s had experience with.
I think your wrong for bashing and attempting to bad mouth him.
Both of us have quite a bit of experience and a very good reputation here.

- The Blue Mule

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

5 posts really!!! A boot badmouthing a senior member.
Maybe you should leave!

- The Blue Mule

Thomas Scott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel
Im leaving forum may be new on here but have worked on my dodge truck sinse 1994 anything no return to dealer had 3 cummins one 318 but crawing from under rock not nice Bye hope all have fun

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Im leaving forum may be new on here but have worked on my dodge truck sinse 1994 anything no return to dealer had 3 cummins one 318 but crawing from under rock not nice Bye hope all have fun

What exactly did you take exception to ? I apologize if you feel like I did not contribute. I advised to the best of my knowledge where he should start looking. Am I a mechanic ? Nope. I’m I am an expert? Nope. But I wouldn’t steer anyone wrong. Not my intention if you feel like that was the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So wait your mad because he asked someone else if they were under a rock? Yea k bye now

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I think he’s leaving cause I got in his ass bout badmouthing our senior members. @Addicted2fishing is a very knowledgeable guy willing to help everyone here.

- The Blue Mule

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So wait your mad because he asked someone else if they were under a rock? Yea k bye now

That was a joke and when I’m driving around and see all the Ram owners I always say to myself “I wonder if they know about this forum”. This is such a great resource, amazing info most of the time and a great place to chat, research, contribute and just plain ole shoot the **** sometimes. I’ve honestly never seen such a great forum and collection of good people. It’s light hearted and serious at the same time when it’s needed. A great balance in my opinion and something not found on other forums. Trust me, I belong to a few and this one is up there in my books.

Other great forums usually involve the aquarium hobby and Jeep forums are also among the best for info and comradery.

The OP also seemed to dislike my comment about the Rock and I hope he realizes it was meant as a light hearted joke. In all honesty it’s almost impossible to google an issue or even the words Ram 1500 without seeing a link to some sort of forum. The OP mentioned they were busy and that’s understandable. However, like I mentioned if he uses an app or even web browser on phone he can have on the fly info and maybe even reach out to people local to him for help all in this forum.

Anyways, my intentions were good and apologize to any member that may have taken offence to my comment/comments. It’s always in good spirits I promise. Just maybe perceived wrongfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
A gentle answer turneth away wrath...
Anyway, he was a new member who also deserved as much grace and respect as we give to any other member. I understand wanting to defend our knowledgeable and very helpful senior members from perceived slights; but I think we need to not get too abrasive. Not everyone responds to criticism well.
Yeah, I haven't posted in a few years and just got back on here today. Would hate for this great site to turn douchy like some of the Glock forums.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
A blown head gasket will set you back $1200 but be sure to buy a high end gasket set and hand it to the mechanic. My Chevy blew the gasket at 60,000 miles and the new non-GM gaskets were still fine when I sold the Chevy with over 170,000 miles. A head gasket can cost as little as $7 and as much as $80 and for the most part you do get what you pay for with this part.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
5 posts really!!! A boot badmouthing a senior member.
Maybe you should leave!

- The Blue Mule

I think I just saw you on Hwy 225 Hauling something Westbound. Looked like an orange frame of some sort. I have a Blue/Silver Ram. I like your business name!

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I think I just saw you on Hwy 225 Hauling something Westbound. Looked like an orange frame of some sort. I have a Blue/Silver Ram. I like your business name!

Sorry brother it wasn’t me.

- The Blue Mule

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all...found this group by accident, and I'm glad I did...

I had my engine rebuilt last year on my 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi - at 292,000 kms. I now have 367,000 kms and am having some issues.

I'm burning through oil like mad - and I've had to add coolant twice now...reservoir is empty.

I'm not noticing any leaking anywhere, not leaving any puddles, but I am noticing a nice cloud when I first start it up.

Last night, while out running a couple of errands, the check engine light came on - code said Cam Shaft out of place and a second one was 5514 - code not in system.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I could help you with the codes but I can't help there, but I will say it sounds like your valve seals might be bad causing the motor to smoke on startup. Did the shop do head work when the motor was rebuilt?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956