ordered from Moes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Studda07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered the S&B from Moes yesterday, so I'm in the waiting game too. Haven't looked into tuners yet, but that will be sometime in the near future.

As for the catch can, I recommend it. The catch can catches the oil that circulates through your PCV and keeps it from being dumped into your intake manifold. There are no performance gains from it, but over time you will see performance decreases due to the amount of oil that is dumped into your manifold. Here is the amount of nasty oil that it caught after only being installed 1-2 months.

Thanks for the advice on the catch can.. Def something ill order.. What s&b did you order dry or cleanable? Also did you get the scoop for the extra $100

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Catch can is a must IMO when it comes to adding tuners. On a stock truck, there is no performance benefit to the catch can, but once you add as tuner, the catch can can create a difference of up to 10-15hp depending on how much oil is being dumped into your manifold. Oil from the PCV combined with warm temps will cause considerable knock and cause a loss of power. Having the catch can installed will prevent you from losing this power which is upwards of 15hp on some trucks.

As for the S&B, there is no performance benefit to the oiled or dry filters. The oiled will last the life of the truck if cleaned properly, whereas the dry filter is disposable. I usually blow the dry filter out with an air hose around 15-20k miles, and then run it for another 15-20k miles. After that, I would replace it for a new one.

As for the scoop, I would save that money and put it towards the catch can. The S&B scoop faces down which will bring in cooler air, but it is not actually forcing that air in. If the scoop was forward facing, then I would recommend it to everyone.

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
...Just now, time to impatiently await my package.

I got the 24" Mufflex and a Vararam. I really really wanted the ported TB too but I'll have to wait for that. Bummer.

I will keep anyone interested updated.

Don't you just hate editing on packages. I know it's going to take a few weeks but I check with the delivery company daily wondering where it is like a fool. Lol

Studda07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Matt for the heads up on the scoop.. Def ordering from moes when im ready.. gotta save up for more mods!!

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
im wondering if there will be a Halloween sale for the 87mm PTB

cough cough "MOE", cough cough

:D

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im wondering if there will be a Halloween sale for the 87mm PTB

cough cough "MOE", cough cough

:D

I agree Halloween special would be awesome. Especially since its my bday:D

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I say buy one get one free..... one of you guys buy it, and ship me the free one!

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Look what just came in! Can't wait to install it this weekend!

78310A89-EBB4-4840-B7EE-39E34688357E-5233-00000435553D0B79_zps7ac79aa5.jpg

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Holy crap! I ordered the S&B from Moe's around this time last night and just checked tracking to find out that it should be here tomorrow!!!

Anything to do after the install? Unhook the battery for a few hours?

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That's how mine was! It's like it was overnighted without requesting it to be. I haven't installed it yet, but I've ward you need to unhook the negative terminal for about 30 minutes after install to allow the computer to relearn the airflow.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's how mine was! It's like it was overnighted without requesting it to be. I haven't installed it yet, but I've ward you need to unhook the negative terminal for about 30 minutes after install to allow the computer to relearn the airflow.

Ordered mine today and can't wait to get it. I'm curious as well on how long to leave the battery unhooked.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered mine today and can't wait to get it. I'm curious as well on how long to leave the battery unhooked.

Enough to reset the computer. Which is usually about 30 minutes. I leave mine off for a while if im not busy. But an hour should be more than enough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Just disconnect the negative battery terminal before you start your install. It should take you 30 minutes to an hour to complete the installation, and that is plenty of time for the computer to reset.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Ok, I installed mine this evening (thanks again for the lightning fast shipping Moe's) and there is absolutely zero doubt that the motor is breathing easier. Throttle response dramatically increased, notable increase in torque and a sweet serenade coming from under the hood.

I do have one question though. Is the clear lid supposed to seal the box? Mine isn't even in the ball park with sealed, there are gaps on all four sides half way between the four screws holding it in place. Seems like this would decrease the efficiency by allowing hot air from under the hood to get to the filter.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The issue with the clear lid has come up a few times over the past couple months. I think S&B drilled the holes slightly off causing the lid to bow up in the middle. If you take a picture of that gap and send it to S&B, they should replace the cover for you. I don't see it causing any noticeable loss of power because the gap is so small, but S&B is among the best when it comes to customer service and making sure every customer is happy with their intake.

I know of a few guys that have also added some foam weather stripping around the outer edges of the lid to make sure no air comes in or out of those small gaps.

The other solution is to just elongate those mounting holes just a bit so that the center of the lid does not bow up.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Thanks for the reply. I thought about trying weather stripping, might just do that.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I noticed with the lid when it was shipped that it was already bowed pretty good. I have a feeling mine will do the same thing.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
It is supposed to have a slight bow to it so that it matches the contour of the airbox. Even if there is a slight gap on the side of the lid, the air box is far enough to the side of the engine bay that it is not going to pull in much engine heat...especially while driving.