Ordered New EcoDiesel LTD...anyone else get time estimates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I ordered a new 2020 Ecodiesel Limited last week. There are not real time estimates yet for the production of my truck. Anyone else order and have their VIN yet? Or time estimates?
Or even taken delivery on a special order?

I really wanted the 33 gallon tank and the multi function tail gate and no sunroof, so I had to order.

RAMVANMAN

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Some of the special orders I've heard of were being delivered ordered before the Coronavirus shut down occurred.
I drove by the Mopar custom shop this past Friday and it was stacked 10-12 trucks deep along the entire front of the building. This is what it looks like when SHAP is running at full swing. There have been some minor shut downs of the plant but still producing. FCA has announced that SHAP will not be stopping production for the normal summer shutdown to help catch up with vehicle demand.

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Some of the special orders I've heard of were being delivered ordered before the Coronavirus shut down occurred.
I drove by the Mopar custom shop this past Friday and it was stacked 10-12 trucks deep along the entire front of the building. This is what it looks like when SHAP is running at full swing. There have been some minor shut downs of the plant but still producing. FCA has announced that SHAP will not be stopping production for the normal summer shutdown to help catch up with vehicle demand.
When was the shutdown at the plant? I imagine supplier shutdowns also affect production even if the plant is open.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
When was the shutdown at the plant? I imagine supplier shutdowns also affect production even if the plant is open.
There have been a few shifts that production hasn't run but not really an all out shutdown. The plant has been ramping up for about a month and there have been a few supplier shortages adding to work stoppages.
I have been seeing truck loads to new Rams rolling down the freeways but due to the new EcoDiesel badge on the hood it's hard to see if there are any amongst them.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Congrats! I like my 18 tremendously. If I got a 2020, with the improvements they've made, I might never get out of it.... ;)

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
There have been a few shifts that production hasn't run but not really an all out shutdown. The plant has been ramping up for about a month and there have been a few supplier shortages adding to work stoppages.
I have been seeing truck loads to new Rams rolling down the freeways but due to the new EcoDiesel badge on the hood it's hard to see if there are any amongst them.
Reading some of the Michigan press coverage of the plants it looks like they prioritize customer orders over dealer stock orders. Is that true? I do have a great running Tundra to drive before delivery so I am fine waiting a while. I have done the special order purchase before on a VW Beetle TDI diesel and had to wait 4 months, so I have been here before. It is exciting when you get your VIN and then shipment tracking. Not sure FCA gives you the tracking.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Reading some of the Michigan press coverage of the plants it looks like they prioritize customer orders over dealer stock orders. Is that true?
Not sure how they are prioritizing vehicle builds, especially now after the Coronavirus shut down. I would imagine that FCA would want to go after a for sure thing with customer orders but if the dealers don't have vehicles it's hard to stay open. It's possible that they do batch runs of EcoDiesel powered 1500 at SHAP, it sounded like that did that with the previous generation at Warren Truck.
You can get tracking of the VIN there were a few members who vehicles were in the middle of the build and the truck was at one stage for during the shut down.

Wilburwoolley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I ordered my Laramie 3 weeks ago, and I was also told that customer ordered are prioritized over dealer stock orders. I was not able to find a Laramie with the EcoDiesel and the multifunction tailgate within 500 miles of me, so I did a Costco dealer order.

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I ordered my Laramie 3 weeks ago, and I was also told that customer ordered are prioritized over dealer stock orders. I was not able to find a Laramie with the EcoDiesel and the multifunction tailgate within 500 miles of me, so I did a Costco dealer order.

OK..race ya. Post when you get your VIN and I will do the same. Of course you are closer to factory so delivery will be much faster. I am West Coast.

Wilburwoolley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
OK..race ya. Post when you get your VIN and I will do the same. Of course you are closer to factory so delivery will be much faster. I am West Coast.

I asked the dealer if he had any updates, and he said that it was painted last week and will be on a train this week.
1C6SRFRM3LN404853

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I asked the dealer if he had any updates, and he said that it was painted last week and will be on a train this week.
1C6SRFRM3LN404853
I guess you are gonna win. I will check on mine.

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Well maybe we still will have a race ..according to dealer, mine has been built but not shipped yet. They think maybe end of month at dealer. I would not mind having it push to September since there are no rebate/incentives in August on the model I ordered.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I got a call that it is at dealer next week (Aug 17-21).

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I expect mine to show up at the dealer any day now.
Same here...they say next week. I am busy the first half so I won't actually see it till late next week if it comes in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
My truck is in now at dealership detail shop. Ready for pickup on Monday afternoon.
I am having them install a rear step which is better than the factory step so that may delay things if it is not in stock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I got the call this morning that it's at the dealership. I will get it tomorrow.

You win...mine came in last weekend but I have been busy...go in tomrrow (Friday) to get it. I am having step installed (they say better than factory step) so hopefully that is done.
SO HOW IS IT????? Take very long to figure out the technology?

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I have mine...drove for a day so far. It is faster and more luxurious than I imagined. The fuel mileage has been sitting over 30 most of the time. So far so great.