Ordering MaxTrac lift kit... how to tell if I need Carrier Bearing or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
wander if it was just crew cab + long bed trucks? Or maybe only certain years? Just like the "which trucks have steel vs aluminum drive shafts", I haven't been able to find anything definitive about which trucks got which configuration of drive shaft. My truck, which is a '12, crew cab, 5'-7" bed, has a one piece shaft.

You should know by now that Dodge/Ram/FCA (Stellaris) doesn’t do anything with any sort of continuity lol. **** is so random that it almost seems like they don’t even know what’s going where until after it happens. Rams are one of the most unorganized trucks when it comes to manufacturing across cabs and trims, yet it’s somehow the most consistent at the same time, if that makes any sense lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wander if it was just crew cab + long bed trucks? Or maybe only certain years? Just like the "which trucks have steel vs aluminum drive shafts", I haven't been able to find anything definitive about which trucks got which configuration of drive shaft. My truck, which is a '12, crew cab, 5'-7" bed, has a one piece shaft.

We have had some customers with crew cab 5'7" beds have a two piece with carrier bearing and some not. It may be a matter of certain years and certain configurations.

As @OnSale said, RAM is consistently inconsistent.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh, no, I wasn’t worried about the rust in the driveshaft lol. I was just pointing out how clean my trucks underside looked for being 9, almost 10hrs old with 92k miles. I knew the driveshafts rust almost immediately and the exhaust rusting on the surface is common too.

Unfortunately the freaking crypto market CRASHED over the past 48 hours and I lost ALOT so this lift kit is now gonna have to wait until my coins go back up some, rough day when I spent $2,800 on new wheels and tires just to lose $4,000+ in investments in a couple hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to get too off topic but hang in there, it'll come back up! I lost some and gained on others. Crazy market right now.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not to get too off topic but hang in there, it'll come back up! I lost some and gained on others. Crazy market right now.

Yea yea lol it’s crypto... I am aware that **** can go south REAL fast.

On a more positive note, my STORJ actually MADE me money during all of this, as well as my LTC. At its peak dip (lowest) Both of my portfolios were down for a combined -$4,128 from my last ATH and I watched it go from being -$800 all the way to -$4,128 and MAN was it hard not to sell throughout that and then my portfolios would drop another -$500 and I’m like damn I wish I sold 1hr ago lol but I held strong (Diamond Hands!!) and didn’t sell any of my coins and now I am only down -$898 on my Binance portfolio and I am actually UP on my CoinBase Pro portfolio by $400 thanks to STORJ... man, what a life saver lol.

So after the dust settled of course I’m still way up from my invested FIAT amount, but I lost $898 of my profits and I’m hoping to gain that back over the next 24-72 hours as everything slowly climbs back up.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
We have had some customers with crew cab 5'7" beds have a two piece with carrier bearing and some not. It may be a matter of certain years and certain configurations.

As @OnSale said, RAM is consistently inconsistent.

Mine is a crew cab with the 5'7 and it has the carrier bearing