Other truck's feature you wish RAM had?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cruise control that I didn't have to turn on every time I restart the truck. Thats one thing that GM does do right. One you turn it on, it stays on forever. Ditto on the exhaust manifold bolts, its been said that all manufacturers have broken ex. manifold bolt problems but honestly its extremely rare on GM's LS engines to the point of where I've never seen it happen in person. Its almost guaranteed to happen with a Hemi unfortunately.

I don't mind turning it on so much, as it's a safety thing........but I do wish it had the ability to have 2 set speeds, like one for highway, and one for lower speeds.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't mind turning it on so much, as it's a safety thing........but I do wish it had the ability to have 2 set speeds, like one for highway, and one for lower speeds.

I wish it was on at start with option to turn off if desired. Seems safer to me for a driver to only push one button instead of two. Also would like more distinct buttons that aren't all the same and also not located so close together.

Actually, I think all makers should have the same cruise, wiper, & headlight controls so you don't have to search around when changing vehicles.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got the Bestop brand. This is on my truck with a hemi and dual exhaust.
full

full
I have the same brand, works great and clears the exhaust just fine. My only complaint with it was they don't give torque specs and they give a real small vial of red liquid which I assumed is locktite but didn't specify what bolts to use it on and there wasn't enough to do all 6 bolts?????

bigcheez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The one thing that I wish my ram had is the keypad on the door to open the locks. In past ford's I loved leaving my keys in the truck and locking and unlocking iut with the keypad on the door. Being out on construction sites, it makes it super convenient.

Michael Fendley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked at the amp step, but every one i saw mounted it sat pretty low tucked away. Seems to tuck pretty tight in the video, but i think the bracket is different for the hemi trucks with the exhaust cut outs for the duals. That's a v6 i think. Could be wrong and they may have re engineered them recently. Anybody have a new one on a hemi truck. Also noticed the 5th gen has a mopar step that looks like the amp and tucks up pretty nicely.

Mine fits pretty tightly against the step, perhaps a 1/8" gap. I have a 2018 Power Wagon, with the exhaust exiting out on the passenger side. My step is on the driver's side. Works great, but not totally hidden like the side steps. There has to be something for your foot to contact in order to pull it down for use.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The one thing that I wish my ram had is the keypad on the door to open the locks. In past ford's I loved leaving my keys in the truck and locking and unlocking iut with the keypad on the door. Being out on construction sites, it makes it super convenient.
Its great when you go to the beach so you can hide your keys in the truck vs in your shoes

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 V6 EcoDiesel
The only thing I can come up with from the F150 is the 30mpg half ton diesel. I'm not sure if it's the motor, the 10 speed transmission, or the aluminum body but it'd be nice. I would have said the Panoramic sunroof but the 19 Rams have that now. Maybe when they release the 2019 ecodiesel it'll top Ford's 30mpg.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the same brand, works great and clears the exhaust just fine. My only complaint with it was they don't give torque specs and they give a real small vial of red liquid which I assumed is locktite but didn't specify what bolts to use it on and there wasn't enough to do all 6 bolts?????
My issue with those is they hang lower than the exhaust and as a guy who raised his truck just a little to stop getting stuff hung up I think it would be an issue.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My issue with those is they hang lower than the exhaust and as a guy who raised his truck just a little to stop getting stuff hung up I think it would be an issue.
At my age I need the step and it works well. And the fact that I got it for 139 off Amazon ( open box but new & never used) was nice too. I cant look at it right now but I don't think it sticks much below, maybe an inch if that.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
At my age I need the step and it works well. And the fact that I got it for 139 off Amazon ( open box but new & never used) was nice too. I cant look at it right now but I don't think it sticks much below, maybe an inch if that.
If i was staying on the road I'd have one. I can see in the picture and the ones i see in person that the end towards the front of the truck is pretty low. Also guys tell me they get stuck in the winter with road spray getting on it and freezing up. The newer ford ones built into the tailgate are solid and completely out of harms way and make climbing in and out of the bed easy. Also like the new gm tailgate that opens barn door style as it would be nice for access to my toolbox, but the 1/2 fold seems pointless. Even if we had the notch in the bumper to make life a little easier would be nice. Wonder if someone could make a pull out step that mounts low profile to the inside of the tailgate without losing it as a seat or place to lay out plans on site.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I guess I'll find out how winter goes on mine. Ilooked at it tonight & it does stick down about 2" towards the front but still higher than the rear axle.

20181010_221031.jpg 20181010_221041.jpg

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The only thing I can come up with from the F150 is the 30mpg half ton diesel. I'm not sure if it's the motor, the 10 speed transmission, or the aluminum body but it'd be nice. I would have said the Panoramic sunroof but the 19 Rams have that now. Maybe when they release the 2019 ecodiesel it'll top Ford's 30mpg.

Are those fordsF numbers ? I believe they over stated the Ecoboost numbers when they first came out. Caused quite an uproar with ford owners.