POLL: Body style, Which do you prefer, 4th gen./classic or 5th gen.?

Body style: which do you prefer 4th gen./classic or 5th gen?

• 4th gen/classic

Votes: 204 73.4%
  • 5th gen

Votes: 74 26.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For me, I think the designers nailed it with the 4th gen. body style.

It is distinct, you can spot it from a distance, has smooth curves and lines, with just enough sharpness thrown in.

Not saying I would balk at a 5th gen, but IMO the look of the front is just "off". I like the idea of the badging on the hood, but feel it should be cleaner, simpler. Lost its distinct look. Maybe looks too busy for me.

Again, just MY opinion.

What says you?

xFred12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4th Gen All the way. Nothing against the 5th Gen tho.. besides the fact that Its hard to distinguish what kinda truck im lookin at in the distance, Ram? Titan? Toyota? Don't gotta guess with the Sleek 4th gen tho

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're both good looking machines but I think the 5ths are a bit more "busy" in appearance, plus even if both generations have almost the same bulk it looks more like muscle and bone on the 4th gen, maybe a little more Thanksgiving dinner on the 5th

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 5th Gens have grown on me. I really like the 2500 grilles. I would probably get a 2500 tradesman model with power wagon package.:D

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
went from 4th to 5th, less chrome and REBEL is what is the better part.

LOVE the LED everything...............

REBEL for the WIN !!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like all of them except for the new body style. Well, I like the new body style on the heavy duty’s much more than on the 1500s but if I had to choose, I would say the 4th gens is probably my fave.

I never had the ole pre-94 model but I certainly didn’t not like them or thought they were ugly.

I loved my 98 and I loved my 08. Didn’t really care for the earlier 3rd Gens but once they restyled with the new headlights in 06, I liked them then. I just didn’t care for the bubbled tail lights that my 08 had that resembled the tail lights of those that an 04 model Silverado had with them slanted headlights. But, that was easy fix because luckily the aftermarket LED taillight manufacturer I went with only used the flat styling from the 02 through I believe the 07 tail lights- If I’m not mistaken, only the 2008 tail lights had that distinct look.... maybe it was 2007 but most definitely, they were modeled after the taillights on the 02-05 trucks....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a 94, thought it was the coolest looking thing ever. I then bought a 2003 and really liked the look. I have to admit I was it crazy about the 4th gen at first, thought the headlights were too big and flat. But really like my 2018 now. I think some of the 5th gen look good in their configuration. I don't think any fall into the Pontiac Aztec category (apologies to anyone who likes them). I do like more rise from fenders to hood, though.

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I like the 5th gen in certain colors and configurations, but I think the 4th gen has a bolder look. Heck a buddy I haven't seen in years saw my 2018 and kept telling everyone he wanted my exact truck (he has a 2008 ford f250 currently).

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I prefere the 4th gen over the 5th gen but I like both trucks. I really like the new 2500 body style as it is kind of a combination of both. That's most likely going to be my next truck.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
EdGs

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I wonder if the votes would be leaned the other way if a duplicate thread were posted in the 5th gen general discussion page?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if the votes would be leaned the other way if a duplicate thread were posted in the 5th gen general discussion page?

I don’t know, my guess would be is to get with one of the forum moderators and have this thread moved over to the lounge under members area since we don’t really have a dodge ram general section that applies to all generations rather than making a duplicate thread in the 5th section because all that’s gonna do is generate biased opinions for the guys that drive and prefer the newer trucks just like here in the fourth GEN section where probably not a whole lot of people who like the first GEN‘s, second gens, third GEN‘s and the fifth GEN‘s generally don’t hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk