Power Wagons ... Post em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No idea. Its not my truck/tires.

But sooo much of it depends on the air pressure he is running. At street pressure, I would guess somewhere around 35.5” or so. Off roading with only 18 psi, probably A LOT less.
Sorry meant to ask the Breaker alex

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@retired, what are looking for on the tire height from the ground up or from rim center to fender wheel opening. I can give a measurement tomorrow since it’s dark and cold and thing’s that go bump in the night are right now.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@retired, what are looking for on the tire height from the ground up or from rim center to fender wheel opening. I can give a measurement tomorrow since it’s dark and cold and thing’s that go bump in the night are right now.
Thanks from ground to top of tire and from ground to center of hub would be awesome. Thanks

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Any idea when the 75th anniversary editions will be available?
I'm thinking I might trade my Laramie for one.
This time I'm springing for the spray in bedliner and undercoating cause it will be a keeper...

They were available to order a month ago... mine ships in 14 days.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
All you boys running 37's on your trucks are making me want to go with 37's in lieu of 35's like I originally planned to haha.

These PW's look proper on 37's!

Does any tire manufacturer actually make a 37 inch in a Load range E for our 17" wheel with the 3PMSF rating for winter weather conditions?

I recently installed a set 35" Toyo C/T's on my Power Wagon which is their largest size available. My son's Dodge also just got some new 35" Toyo AT III's (285 75R18) in Rawlins, Wyoming. Both sets of tires have the 3PMSF rating.

image_1604597200195.jpeg

Even the FedEx delivery trucks out here on the Western Slope are 4x4's equipped with BFG KO2'S that have the 3PMSF rating.

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey All, I've been meaning to answer yesterday but went drinking with the neighbors. Priorities.

@Rancid Lunchmeat
Stock wheels, 37'' 12.5 R17 Wildpeaks AT3W ''D'' load rate like @olyelr said.
Slight rubbing on control arms at full lock.
Since then, I added 1.5'' spacers and now no more rubbing on control arms but rubbing on front fender rear lip.
Had to trim and will have to hammer down that metal lip like @IRSmart did.

@retired
I have exactly 26'' between the center hub and fender. ( front ) This is with around 450 lbs in the back ( ram boxes +stuff+generator+ 24 gal gas )
Tire sits at about 35 1/4'' with 35 lbs ( front )

@Grand Mesa
The only 37'' tire E rated with a now peak I found was the Kaniti Trail Hog.
And that tire lost all sippings at half life :(
But my 37'' D rated can load 3525 lbs as opposed to a 315 or 35'' E rated at 3195 lbs ( Wildpeaks tires ) as @Overlander beat me by 20 minutes lol

IMG_20201106_105627.jpg IMG_20201106_111638.jpg IMG_20201106_111646.jpg IMG_20201106_111752.jpg

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Hey All, I've been meaning to answer yesterday but went drinking with the neighbors. Priorities.

@Rancid Lunchmeat
Since then, I added 1.5'' spacers and now no more rubbing on control arms but rubbing on front fender rear lip.

@retired
I have exactly 26'' between the center hub and fender. ( front ) This is with around 450 lbs in the back ( ram boxes +stuff+generator+ 24 gal gas )

@Grand Mesa
But my 37'' D rated can load 3525 lbs as opposed to a 315 or 35'' E rated at 3195 lbs ( Wildpeaks tires ) as @Overlander beat me by 20 minutes.

Breaker Alex.

Sorry to read that the Kaniti Trail Hog lacks full depth siping. Years ago I saw that on trucks which ran the first version of the Wildpeaks that the siping was gone when the tires were worn down with lots of tread depth remaining. I hope that you have better luck with the second version of the Wildpeaks.

I was just curious about what's available with the 37" tires since my son-in-law is running the 35" Cooper STT Pros. I followed him and his truck slid around on roads where my previous set of Cooper S/T Maxx tires gripped. On snow/ice he said that the STT Pros suck.

I am happy with my 35" C/T's due to I have chains for them and the spare fits underneath. 20201020_130725.jpg

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Breaker Alex.

Sorry to read that the Kaniti Trail Hog lacks full depth siping. Years ago I saw that on trucks which ran the first version of the Wildpeaks that the siping was gone when the tires were worn down with lots of tread depth remaining. I hope that you have better luck with the second version of the Wildpeaks.

I was just curious about what's available with the 37" tires since my son-in-law is running the 35" Cooper STT Pros. I followed him and his truck slid around on roads where my previous set of Cooper S/T Maxx tires gripped. On snow/ice he said that the STT Pros suck.

I am happy with my 35" C/T's due to I have chains for them and the spare fits underneath. View attachment 226663

It's good to know about the Wildpeaks siping and will keep us updated next year ( man do I burn trough rubber fast )

I heard the same thing about the STT Pros. No good in icy/snow conditions ( on some tire forum )
I really dig their looks but here we got a good amount of cold weather + snowpeak laws.

Spare fitment is a BIG plus in my book... and the grip must be killer with those chains :)

Cheers

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I heard the same thing about the STT Pros. No good in icy/snow conditions ( on some tire forum )

Any open block (i.e. MT) design will not be optimal in snow. In mud you want to spin tires and throw the mud. In snow you want bite. Big blocks have less mechanical contact and a shape that is not optimized for snow. Plus the hit to mileage (same size vs AT). I've ran A/T3W on my LX 470 and it's a mountain goat, especially when aired down aggressively.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

@Rancid Lunchmeat

@retired

@Grand Mesa
But my 37'' D rated can load 3525 lbs as opposed to a 315 or 35'' E rated at 3195 lbs ( Wildpeaks tires ) as @Overlander beat me by 20 minutes lol

View attachment 226651 View attachment 226652 View attachment 226653 View attachment 226654

@Rancid Lunchmeat

@retired

@Grand Mesa

View attachment 226651 View attachment 226652 View attachment 226653 View attachment 226654
Thanks fits what I want or a small 37

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks from ground to top of tire and from ground to center of hub would be awesome. Thanks
Here’s what I got for tire measurement’s with 40lbs of air pressure up front with just about 1/2 tank of gas. Remember my rig is a ‘12 with springs up front, leafs in the rear a Century fiberglass cap, factory spray in bed liner and a 3” chrome Push-bar so my weight’s are gonna Be slightly different than yours and the tires have about 2,000 miles of wear. The overall tire diameter is 36.80” and is 124 and 8 ply rated in their completed form, that’s right from their Website.
1. From ground to tire top measured 35 1/2”- 35 5/8” I used a 90% steel rule and laid it flat on the top of the tire.
2. From ground to Wheel center measured 16 3/4”-16 7/8”.
3. From top of tire to bottom of wheel opening on Bushwacker fender flare lip 8 3/8”-8 1/2”.
It was a pain in the a$$ holding the Ruler and the tape measure but I took all three measurements twice and average them out between Driver’s/Passenger’s side.
I did trim the fender liner and used the grinder on the pinch weld a do I don’t get any rub anytime on full stuff or lock to lock.
Hope this helps, but remember Tire sizes vary between Manufacturer’s for the same size tires the Patagonia M/T’s are pretty close to true 37” diameter. Interco makes their Trxus Radial M/T that measures 37.02 just for reference, and was one of the best tires I ever Ran on or off road.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does any tire manufacturer actually make a 37 inch in a Load range E for our 17" wheel with the 3PMSF rating for winter weather conditions?

I recently installed a set 35" Toyo C/T's on my Power Wagon which is their largest size available. My son's Dodge also just got some new 35" Toyo AT III's (285 75R18) in Rawlins, Wyoming. Both sets of tires have the 3PMSF rating.

View attachment 226649

Even the FedEx delivery trucks out here on the Western Slope are 4x4's equipped with BFG KO2'S that have the 3PMSF rating.

Don’t know about the 3PMSF but look into Interco’s Trxus MT’s. I loved them when I ran them on my Ramcharger. They are damned expensive now I think last time I checked they were pushing 450.00 each. But if you want a tire that is a beast in the snow and ice they’re great. I was actually in a toss up between those and the Patagonia’s and we had a pretty mild Winter last year in NY so opted for the Patogonia’s. When these are done I probably will return to them. Although almost every time I rotated them one or two of them needed to be rebalanced, like the Milestars.