Ra 5.0 to 8.4 radio bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Just going to point out that none of us have actually seen the finished product yet.
Tyhler did say that the switch was the only option. And no option to delete it when ordering.

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tyhler did say that the switch was the only option. And no option to delete it when ordering.

I wonder if they are using a toggle switch simply because they are mocking the steering wheel controls? If so, that'd almost make sense as to why they can't use a knob.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Now why could you not use a rotary knob (momentary type if need be) same as a switch, no reason simple as that. The likely reason they are using a switch is lack of real estate. There is very little room behind the bezel with the rotary HVAC controls in the way. From what I understand they have tapped into the board of the OEM rotary HVAC controller to add the switch. So you are not getting just a blank bezel it also includes modified OEM hvac controls, hence the hefty price tag or one of the reasons. What bugs me is they found the way in add, why not add the rest of the controls?? And why such a fugly switch?

Last edited:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Im hoping that the switch pictured was just for the prototype. From what they have told me in emails it should look better.

aqualite75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now why could you not use a rotary knob (momentary type if need be) same as a switch, no reason simple as that. The likely reason they are using a switch is lack of real estate. There is very little room behind the bezel with the rotary HVAC controls in the way. From what I understand they have tapped into the board of the OEM rotary HVAC controller to add the switch. So you are not getting just a blank bezel it also includes modified OEM hvac controls, hence the hefty price tag or one of the reasons. What bugs me is they found the way in add, why not add the rest of the controls?? And why such a fugly switch?

I am with you on this. Why did they not just do the rest of the controls? I am happy to see someone make an attempt at it though. I am very interested if I can't get the original OEM 8.4 setup going. I ordered the AC module and just need to get my hands on the 8 pin wire. My truck doesn't have the extra 5 pin HVAC control so I am hoping I wont have to get this bezel. Worst case though, I will have to deal with a rocker switch.

aqualite75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone notice they updated the page with a more finished looking product? They are now offering two flavors, one with and one without the rocker switch. Without is half the price.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Anyone notice they updated the page with a more finished looking product? They are now offering two favors, one with and one without the rocker switch. Without is half the price.
Final product looks nice.
Ram_Bezel_Production_1024x1024.jpg

-JT

Last edited:

aqualite75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They updated the page today to say they are working on a rotary option instead of the rocker switch. If they did that I am much more inclined to get one. Add some of the additional buttons and I may be sold.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
They updated the page today to say they are working on a rotary option instead of the rocker switch. If they did that I am much more inclined to get one. Add some of the additional buttons and I may be sold.

I've emailed them asking to change my order from the switch to one of the rotary knob bezels. If they won't do it I'll just cancel the whole thing and wait until the knob is available to re-order.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Jared where did you get that picture, the ones on the website are different. Did you actually receive one, did they send you that pic or do you work for them and have access to the prototypes?

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Jared where did you get that picture, the ones on the website are different. Did you actually receive one, did they send you that pic or do you work for them and have access to the prototypes?
It was on the page for the bezel. I just linked it up.

-JT

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Looks good. How's the quality overall and the paint/coating? Any pics of the rear of the bezel?

-JT

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Brian, you ordered yours with the switch awhile ago? You have not gotten it yet? If you have any pictures?
They allowed me to change my order to one of the ones they are developing with a knob instead of a switch. So now I am waiting on one of those.