Radio Security Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigmike3823

Reaction score
Ram Year
20170Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
so I purchased a Ra2 for my 2017 1500 I need the security code for it I have all the information vin # radio # but every site I get on wants to charge for the code any one know how to get a free code

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
so I purchased a Ra2 for my 2017 1500 I need the security code for it I have all the information vin # radio # but every site I get on wants to charge for the code any one know how to get a free code

Talk to who you bought it from.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
More specifically, it’ll be the parts department that’ll be the one who can get it. They might only give it to the current owner of the vehicle it came out of, though.

Dirtieal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did swapped my 3.0 for a 5.0 and paid for a code. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but the code was the last 4 digits of the radios SN backwards.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Checked my 8.4an and code isn't last 4 backwards.

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 8.4 radio i got didnt come with the radio code, but mpgrimm2 pointed me to a couple radio code sites, i used this one. It was worth it to spend $12 instead of having to mess with the dealership.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I was able to email my local dealer's service department and they gave me the code for my new RA2.

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was able to email my local dealer's service department and they gave me the code for my new RA2.

Sometimes you can get lucky with dealers not giving you a hard time, you got the code without any trouble thats all that matters..

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Sometimes you can get lucky with dealers not giving you a hard time, you got the code without any trouble thats all that matters..

Yeah. I was about to buy a code online but figured it was worth a shot to try the dealer. Worst case is they say no, or that they'd charge for it. I was straight up and said that I bought it online from a guy on a forum. Gave them the original VIN and S/N.

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. I was about to buy a code online but figured it was worth a shot to try the dealer. Worst case is they say no, or that they'd charge for it. I was straight up and said that I bought it online from a guy on a forum. Gave them the original VIN and S/N.

I installed my radio on a weekend and i got impatient on waiting to call the dealer on a Monday. I just went ahead and got the code online for $12. not a big deal, now all i need to do a software and map update..

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I took a pic of the back of the radio before I installed it. I went to my local dealer and showed them the pic and told them I bought it off eBay, he looked online and gave the code for free.

Some of the dealers were ok with doing it on the phone but all of them said it had to be a manager and lost were gone when I called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
Yes I am in same boat... IP address cant be found.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
yes that does... thanks