Ram Cares, Max Care, Dealers all are a crock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They’re all just going through the motions. Customer satisfaction is a thing of the past, unless you find that anomaly dealership that cares. It’s funny, when a service visit goes as planned, the advisor puts the arm on you to respond to the survey. When it’s a questionable visit, no sign of any survey.
I actually had a service advisor at a different dealer(5star on Dealerrater) tell me he was frustrated he couldn’t get any service work he could make money on. I actually felt sorry, and when they had a tire sale I ordered tires. 1st, they put on the wrong tires, 2nd, after the alignment the truck pulled hard right, 3rd, it took 3 visits and attempts to balance the tires, finally giving up and sending me to a Firestone store for warranty replacement. I spent a collective 20+ hours in the lounge waiting over 5 visits. That was the highest rated dealer in my area.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed hoping I won’t need any warranty work on my truck between now and when I find a replacement.

Funny you mention that....Ive never been given a survey, and all of my visits have been "questionable". I dont act like a dic$, I just ask a few questions and always end up at "normal characteristic". I respectfully disagree, to the point that the service advisor said I should try another dealer (not rudely, just a "someone else might think its bad enough to fix" kinda thing)

I never even got a survey for PURCHASING my truck there. Same deal, lots of the sales manager "taking it personally" because we were $200.00 apart on price (after they agreed to my price, then all of a sudden it went up $200 when I wanted to ink the deal). Sure enough, once I signed on the dotted line I heard nothing more from them. I did at least get some RAM swag out of the deal, I think the sales PERSON felt sorry for me after the sales MANAGER almost tanked his deal.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Ive learned through experence to get tire and alignment work done at an independent shop. The dealer never does it right. Ive owned a new ford and a chevy so this isnt exclusively a RAM FCA problem.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
If I go to one Dealer, they give me a car off the lot or a free rental. I pay no taxes on the rental loner. If I go to the Dealer close to my house, you get a rental and you PAY TAXES! The takes are loaded for 2 days the taxes are $28.00 this is bull shiit. I won't go there for an over nighter. My Maxcare says a loner, however the Dealers do whatever they want! For a truck that listed over 70K we should be treated much better.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
The dealer I purchased at was horrible in every aspect, and I've not returned, but the one I've been using since purchase has been pretty good overall, also closer to me.

That said, when I recently had it in for a fix, they did the multi-point inspection, including checking tire pressures. I had the tire pressure perfect and equal in all tires, but when I got home the front right was 5 psi low. Oh well... get the pump back out. Also on a previous visit for a software recall, I told them I'd already put the rubber block fix in the tailgate, so they can double check if they want, but it's done.

A week later I realized my tailgate wasn't locking. Open up the access panel and they had stacked a second rubber block next to the one I put in. Took it out and it's fine now. This is why I only let them do the first oil change, and once it's out of warranty, will use an independent mechanic.

Jberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I had a string of bad experiences at Rockland CJD.
First couple of visits went well. Then a big leak after they changed my oil.
They fixed it but blamed it on a non-existent issue.
For good measure they told me I had a catastrophic failure of a control arm bushing that wouldn't be covered by warranty.
When I asked to see it, it didn't exist. Confirmed by 2 of their mechanics.
Service writer told me that if I didn't give him a ten star review, his kids would suffer...
All subsequent visits I was treated like a *****.
Eventually, the service manager cursed and screamed at me for about 15 minutes.
I never returned, as they hoped.
New dealer, Rt 46 CJD has, so far, been much better.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I recently had some warranty issues with my truck, and spent numerous hours waiting for repairs. I read on this site that if you have a Chrysler extended warranty, you are eligible for a rental reimbursement.
Each time my truck was in for repair, I asked the dealer if there was a loaner or rental, and always got the same answer,”no, we don’t do that”.
Ram Cares contacted me after I posted an issue I was having with the dealer, and in my conversation they indicated I was eligible for a rental and she contacted the dealer who acknowledged they work with a rental company.
This morning I called to schedule to have some parts they ordered installed under warranty. I said I needed a rental car, and was told that when I brought my car in, they would have to call to get approval, and being that it was not going to be an overnight repair, it probably would not be approved.
The misinformation being spread around is ridiculous. So, I should go to the dealer in the morning, roll the dice and hope I can get a vehicle so that I can go to work. If not, hope that I can get a ride home so that I don’t spend the day in the “lounge”.
Maybe their goal is to discourage you from getting warranty work done. Every time I brought my truck in for a repair that should be covered under warranty, the first response is “that’s not covered” or “that’s normal”.
Only after pressing, will they check it out and admit there’s a problem.
The FCA dealer network leaves a lot to be desired.

I regret to hear of the frustration this experience has caused you, Eds34pc. To clarify, loaners will be given to customers based on the dealer's discretion and availability. That said, we do apologize for this and if you have any other questions, please send us a private message.

Kate
RamCares

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The blame really needs to be laid right square on the shoulders of FCA(or Ford or GM).They are the ones that set the flat rate times for warr. work.The warr. jobs that a Tech and the Dealer can actually break even or make money on are few and far between.The only time they really want to deal with warr. work is when the shop is dead.If they're busy then the tech's want to be doing the money making customer pay like brakes,front end and tune up etc.Believe me I did it for 20 years.For eg. a Tech could spend 6 hours doing a good job of fixing a problem vehicle and at the end of the day FCA could say to the dealer we're only paying you 3 hours.That's just the way it is.A decent dealer will cover the Tech's time but that's up to them.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
If you bring it in late in the day they will have to give you a loaner.

The dealer I've used gives you a free Uber ride home, then you pay for the trip back, if you don't have anyone to drive you back. Better than nothing I guess. Haven't had any extended day work done yet (knock wood) so haven't needed a rental.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I must just be lucky, or very, very understanding. I have been dealing with two different dealers in the past 3 yrs with this Ram. Now to qualify, I have driven only Rams since 1999 and this is my 7th in 20 years. Yes I do change every couple years, but that’s just me.

Back to the point:

The original selling dealer was in Southern Maryland. I actually purchased two trucks from the same sales person there since 2015. A pre-owned 2014 and a new 2017. The sales manager is a “tool” and I put him and his perfect hair in their place one time. After that no issues with him. :p Service department was easy to work with, even corrected an electrical issue I had due to a under tailgate light bar I installed, as a warranty repair.

Last January we moved to SC (retired). Found a dealer about 15 min away, walked in, made small talk with a coupe people in service, decided to give them a shot. My truck has been in twice in the last two months, fender flair last month, and yesterday accelerator pedal. Both repaired correctly and with in 24 hrs. Plus they offered me a loaner without me asking. Was given a 2020 1500 Hemi Classic. I have been very happy with their service so far.

Now, because we live so close to Myrtle Beach their prices seem to be a little higher than dealers in other parts of the state. So I probably won’t buy my next truck from them, if I can get a better deal by driving an hour, but very pleased with the way they have treated me so far. I will probably give them a shot at the sale before I make a decision, but for me the purchase is all about want and not about need. So I won’t pay more that I want to and I will only buy exactly what I want.

Sorry so long winded.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently had some warranty issues with my truck, and spent numerous hours waiting for repairs. I read on this site that if you have a Chrysler extended warranty, you are eligible for a rental reimbursement.
Each time my truck was in for repair, I asked the dealer if there was a loaner or rental, and always got the same answer,”no, we don’t do that”.
Ram Cares contacted me after I posted an issue I was having with the dealer, and in my conversation they indicated I was eligible for a rental and she contacted the dealer who acknowledged they work with a rental company.
This morning I called to schedule to have some parts they ordered installed under warranty. I said I needed a rental car, and was told that when I brought my car in, they would have to call to get approval, and being that it was not going to be an overnight repair, it probably would not be approved.
The misinformation being spread around is ridiculous. So, I should go to the dealer in the morning, roll the dice and hope I can get a vehicle so that I can go to work. If not, hope that I can get a ride home so that I don’t spend the day in the “lounge”.
Maybe their goal is to discourage you from getting warranty work done. Every time I brought my truck in for a repair that should be covered under warranty, the first response is “that’s not covered” or “that’s normal”.
Only after pressing, will they check it out and admit there’s a problem.
The FCA dealer network leaves a lot to be desired.
Time to go to a different dealer simple because the one your taking about is not friendly at all.Maybe friendly till they get your money.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's so funny that this discussion is happening now. I just got my girl back the other day. Yes almost $7000 to fix. Thank goodness for Jasper! They have fixed the problems that Dodge/Mopar/RAM have snubbed their nose to.....
If Ram cares, really cares..... send me a check for 7 Grand!
Mic drop....

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They sent me a check with a comma but only after I spent three months losing my mind on the phone with their customer disservice army. 0/10 do not recommend.

I'm not even mad at the individual agents I spoke with they were just doing as directed.

"The stairs must be swept starting at the top" .

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's so funny that this discussion is happening now. I just got my girl back the other day. Yes almost $7000 to fix. Thank goodness for Jasper! They have fixed the problems that Dodge/Mopar/RAM have snubbed their nose to.....
Mic drop....

Yep, that's what I thought... This Thread has ended....
Thank you to Ram for giving a **** for PR purposes!!!!!
I will update you all if I ever receive a $7,000 check for my BS..... [emoji23]

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mic drop....

Did Jasper fix the cam and lifter issue or just the valve seat one?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Some dealers suck. This is true for almost every brand I think. I don’t believe it’s often possible to repair a poor dealer relationship, even if you can find leverage to force action you’ll still be “that guy” and they’ll resent it. You’ll never get the same service found at a willing and well run shop.

I vote with my business and avoid such shops, even when it’s inconvenient to go elsewhere.

Agreed. Not much choice other than to vote with your feet. I'm lucky enough to have 12 RAM dealerships within a 75 mile radius of my home - one within a mile and another one 6 miles from my house, but I choose to use one 35 miles away (repeat customer for 8 years, 3 vehicles). Where I live, miles are not measured in miles, but in time. Yes it's inconvenient but I dealt with the closer ones before and they're mediocre at best. Nothing I hate more than when I'm made to feel like they're doing me a favor to do business with them. And by the way, they're not that way because they're flush with business - it's how they're managed. The one I use is one of the largest JCDR dealerships in the country in terms of volume and I guess it's a reflection of how they run their business. If anyone had a right to act like they don't need your business it's them, but with no shortage of RAM dealerships around here they didn't get that big because they suck.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's one plus for me.I do have a lot of dealers close to me.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As far as I know the rental car coverage is from day 1 only if the vehicle needs to be kept overnight. When my trans failed I waited around for them to look at it and once they knew it would be a while I got a rental. Not aware of a limit at that point as I had a hertz rental for 6 weeks in that case mostly waiting for repair approval and backorder parts so I doubt the dealer ate the cost. Also had 1 day 1 for a paint repair as they needed it 3 days. If it's same day I just took the shuttle, arranged another ride or hung around waiting. even if I did qualify by the time I was picked up, did a walk around and signed the paperwork it wasn't worth the effort for a same day job. If you need your truck for work I feel for you. I used my dads old cadillac as a service truck for 6 weeks once when I didn't have any rental coverage waiting on a wiring harness, but if a truck with a 4 hour job is sitting waiting on parts I as a dealer wouldn't be handing out loaners out of pocket because I'd go broke. Repeat customer for a couple days I'd consider it occasionally.luckily my dealer will get it in first thing if I show up early and tell them I'm waiting, but if it's in the afternoon and the techs are all on jobs I'm likely s.o.l, but they'll try to swing it. Other dealers are different.