RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This whole process is a **** off. I love my Ram and was considering buying a newer model after getting a new home purchase settled, seeing this as a great way to retire some debt until we close on a home, but this has taken longer than forever, and I feel some type of negative about FCA right now.

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Also, MaxOptical, thanks for all the info/work. I've been following the posts but haven't commented yet. I've actually turned around my paperwork nearly within one hour of receiving offers, paperwork requests, etc, and have received no further correspondence from FCA/ISG. I will be emailing James tomorrow AM.

Ke$h28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
When were you contacted to meet with the third party adjuster? Sent our offer back almost three weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

Mr_BS

Reaction score
@ Padilen Yes, I just wanted some newer. I was actually the second owner of the truck and I bought the 2011 on July 4th. To make a long story short, I was told from the dealer that the original owner didn't use the truck and just had it attached to his boat, etc. The original owner traded it in to get a 2015 longhorn Laramie. Previous owner barely used and garage kept it. When I bought it in July 2015 it had 23K miles on it. So I did put about 6K miles on it in 4 months.

@BlownGP They gave me exactly what KBB and the 10% adjustment said I should get which was $29,550. It's currently listed on the dealers website for $29,981, so these recalls aren't necessarily a good thing for the dealers.

Is that the kbb trade in value that they have been giving people, or did they actually give you what the truck would sell for on their lot.

EddieMoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They'll give you whatever the specific KBB estimate says. What they turn around and sell the trunk for is a different story.

Every truck that has this specific recall theres a special link to KBB where it has all your vechicle info and all you gotta do is enter your miles plus zip code.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't read the whole thread(did on the other forum),but the longer this drags out the less your trucks are going to be worth. Apparently the KKB price is dropping like a stone because of this buyback.Looks like more of a win,win situation for FCA than a punishment.FCA should have just been made to fix the issues free to the customers and in a timely fashion.They're going to fix and resell them anyway,but for a lot more than they're gonna buy them back for.

Ke$h28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
They'll give you whatever the specific KBB estimate says. What they turn around and sell the trunk for is a different story.

Every truck that has this specific recall theres a special link to KBB where it has all your vechicle info and all you gotta do is enter your miles plus zip code.

So did a third party person actually meet you at the dealership with a check and then you decided to trade it in..or did you just take it to the dealership yourself and trade it in? Bc I've heard that they have not contacted anyone with an appointment to meet yet.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't read the whole thread(did on the other forum),but the longer this drags out the less your trucks are going to be worth. Apparently the KKB price is dropping like a stone because of this buyback.Looks like more of a win,win situation for FCA than a punishment.FCA should have just been made to fix the issues free to the customers and in a timely fashion.They're going to fix and resell them anyway,but for a lot more than they're gonna buy them back for.

Still seems to be some confusion. They do have to fix them, it's a recall. You do not have to have your vehicle "bought back".
So if you like your vehicle keep it ! If you hate and it's on the buy back have it bought back. And buy something else. One poster has posted a completed "buy back" no horror story just a happy owner.

EddieMoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you login to mopar owners website, it'll tell you if your truck has the recall. The in the solution area it'll have an automatic link to KBB which will input all your truck info. All you do is enter the mileage and your zip code. Once you determine that, then the steps are super easy.

They have made the process very simple and if you have questions then call them up. Most Ram owners have already done $$$'s of mods to their truck so the buyback probably isn't a good deal anyway. They only way i could see somebody doing the FCA buyback and not getting another RAM is if they wanted to get a different make (i.e. Ford or Chevy). But then again if youre not a fan then why be on a RAM forum :)

This is my story and my two cents. I have no clue on issues that the other guys have regarding taking Ram to court, etc.

EddieMoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, my story isnt neccesarily a happy story. Heck, i didnt pay cash for my new truck. Lol. Im just a regular joe who works to live.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, my story isnt neccesarily a happy story. Heck, i didnt pay cash for my new truck. Lol. Im just a regular joe who works to live.

Still think your happy compared to the ones that think the sky is falling or the ones that think it's a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end. I also still think the whole thing is ridiculous.
And I need to call dealer and see if parts are in for my pickup. Didn't have parts when my pickups recall was announced. And I don't think about it until I read the posts. I was also hoping to get my acorn damage repaired at the same time. But insurance is dragging. I was at shop when they faxed the estimate. Yet adjuster claims he's been waiting for over a month for it. [emoji49]

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still seems to be some confusion. They do have to fix them, it's a recall. You do not have to have your vehicle "bought back".
So if you like your vehicle keep it ! If you hate and it's on the buy back have it bought back. And buy something else. One poster has posted a completed "buy back" no horror story just a happy owner.

You'd really have to hate your truck(or have a **** wagon load of disposable income)to sell it back at what they're offering(KBB +10% is the most you'll get offered) is my point and like I said KBB is apparently dropping fast on the affected Rams.

BTW I don't have a dog in this fight as mine's a 2015.Just passing on some info to those that are affected by this.:favorites13:

EddieMoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I disagree. If you have no mods then you'll basically breakeven unless you originally overpaid for your truck. If you have $$$ worth of mods then yes, your screwed. As I mentioned earlier I was paid $29,500 for this truck and it's currently selling for $29,981 at the internet price. So the internet price is just a start, a prospective buyer could probably buy this truck for $25K cash. It literally has 29,981 miles on it.

I personally bought a 2015 so I'm sure the dealer made it's money off me on the new truck. If you don't have cash then the dealership or bank ALWAYS wins.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 59

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
In a way I was hoping they would send me a letter to buy back my 2011 but I've never got anything . its not that a I hate my truck but also I'm not 100% happy either . I did get this letter in the mail the other day from the chevy dealer that's associated with the dealer I got my ram from [ for some reason my truck is in demand ] they said they would "buy back" my ram at 120% of black book value which they make it sound like your getting a lot more for your truck . I had looked the trade in value on kbb a week before I got this letter and wow ! there giving me a big $100 more then what kbb listed . what is this black book I keep hearing and reading about ? just wondering .

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
what is this black book I keep hearing and reading about ? just wondering .
Black book is auction prices. They change all the time based upon supply and demand.

I hope you are smart enough to know that the letter from the Chevy dealer is a standard tactic to get you to buy a new truck from them. They are just using the current buyback as an excuse to send the letter to you.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Black book is auction prices. They change all the time based upon supply and demand.

I hope you are smart enough to know that the letter from the Chevy dealer is a standard tactic to get you to buy a new truck from them. They are just using the current buyback as an excuse to send the letter to you.

Stuff like these letters along with extended warranty notices and credit card offers all get filed in the circular file which is picked up weekly at the curb :favorites13:

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

oh ya I get them all the time even before the buy back came out this dealer and a GMC dealer have been sending me stuff to get me to trade my truck in .

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
somebody had said earlier that the book value on these truck have been dropping , boy are they right . my truck in a week in a half [ trade in value] has dropped $2,000 ! I couldn't believe it ! that's just sad plain an simple .

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In a way I was hoping they would send me a letter to buy back my 2011 but I've never got anything . its not that a I hate my truck but also I'm not 100% happy either . I did get this letter in the mail the other day from the chevy dealer that's associated with the dealer I got my ram from [ for some reason my truck is in demand ] they said they would "buy back" my ram at 120% of black book value which they make it sound like your getting a lot more for your truck . I had looked the trade in value on kbb a week before I got this letter and wow ! there giving me a big $100 more then what kbb listed . what is this black book I keep hearing and reading about ? just wondering .

the letter you got from the dealership is nothing more than a regular mareting scheme. It has absolutely nothing to do with the ram recall. Read the fine print too.......the will give you 120% of blue book and the deduct for milage, wear and tear and so on. The extra 20% is also in lieu of rebates on the new vehicle and all that. In short......its ********.

I just got one from a local honda dealer bc my wife has a CRV......and we didnt even buy the crv from the dealership that mailed us the flyer either.