RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Update-

Got a call yesterday morning from an ISG/FCA contracted representative (the guy doesn't work for ISG OR FCA, they just pay him to run around picking up vehicles) that he was in town and available to do the buyback transaction. The guy met me at the predetermined dealership, with a check in hand which paid me for my equity in the truck, and the paperwork to payoff the remaining balance with the finance company. After 47 days (I started the process on Oct 1), the truck is surrendered to FCA, and I was given the amount agreed on in my offer letter (assuming they don't do anything squirrelly like short the payoff amount).

The end process yesterday took MAYBE 10 minutes? Really quick, he did a once over and took the keys, I signed 3 papers and he handed over a check for several thousand. Easy.

As a side note- Maybe you guys are getting WAY more for trucks on trade in where you are, but here, after going to two Dodge dealerships and a CarMax while waiting for FCA to get their $h!t together, they were all three still about $750 - $1000 short of the KBB + 10% that FCA offered, even after negotiating the price a bit. (I also took off nearly everything I had added on and resold it, and since I'd made zero mechanical alterations to my truck, it was easy).

Ke$h28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Update-

Got a call yesterday morning from an ISG/FCA contracted representative (the guy doesn't work for ISG OR FCA, they just pay him to run around picking up vehicles) that he was in town and available to do the buyback transaction. The guy met me at the predetermined dealership, with a check in hand which paid me for my equity in the truck, and the paperwork to payoff the remaining balance with the finance company. After 47 days (I started the process on Oct 1), the truck is surrendered to FCA, and I was given the amount agreed on in my offer letter (assuming they don't do anything squirrelly like short the payoff amount).

The end process yesterday took MAYBE 10 minutes? Really quick, he did a once over and took the keys, I signed 3 papers and he handed over a check for several thousand. Easy.

As a side note- Maybe you guys are getting WAY more for trucks on trade in where you are, but here, after going to two Dodge dealerships and a CarMax while waiting for FCA to get their $h!t together, they were all three still about $750 - $1000 short of the KBB + 10% that FCA offered, even after negotiating the price a bit. (I also took off nearly everything I had added on and resold it, and since I'd made zero mechanical alterations to my truck, it was easy).

What was the date on your check if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering when it was actually printed. Congrats on getting it all completed! Hoping we are soon!

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
the letter you got from the dealership is nothing more than a regular mareting scheme. It has absolutely nothing to do with the ram recall. Read the fine print too.......the will give you 120% of blue book and the deduct for milage, wear and tear and so on. The extra 20% is also in lieu of rebates on the new vehicle and all that. In short......its ********.

I just got one from a local honda dealer bc my wife has a CRV......and we didnt even buy the crv from the dealership that mailed us the flyer either.

ya I've got these before I was just kind of wondering how many other people had/have since the recall seems like I've gotten a lot more . i have never fallen for all this crap i get , if they want to make a deal then they can call me lol .

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Me too. I'm thinking they will never call. I want to get a 2015 but trade in value sucks (at least around here). The buyback is several thousand (6k) more for me. The dealer offered me $17k and blue book trade is $21k.

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Update - I received a call this morning from a rep. The buyback is scheduled for Friday and for the amount discussed on Oct. 1st. We'll see how it goes.

Ke$h28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Update - I received a call this morning from a rep. The buyback is scheduled for Friday and for the amount discussed on Oct. 1st. We'll see how it goes.

When did you start your process? We started oct. 2nd and still haven't heard anything. Every time I call the FCA number I get told a different thing and to wait 1-2 weeks for a call from a third party transfer agent.

EddieMoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a quick update. My new 2015 truck apparently had a recall and guess what?....The whole rear end is currently getting replaced. The truck has literally 2,150 miles on it. Maybe I should have kept my 2011 after all. Hindsight is 20/20

EddieMoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't know the back story feel free to read my previous posts...I'm not upset but this really makes me question the quality of truck that I purchased. It's only been 42 days of driving the thing. Who knows whats going to go wrong once the mileage and the years start to add up....I guess, everything that glitters isn't gold.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I'm sorry man. But I have to LOL

I think I'm going to keep my 09. No problems so far with 60K..

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a quick update. My new 2015 truck apparently had a recall and guess what?....The whole rear end is currently getting replaced. The truck has literally 2,150 miles on it. Maybe I should have kept my 2011 after all. Hindsight is 20/20

What was wrong with yours they're tearing apart my rear end now was making a grinding noise making a u turn to the left and they're saying it's the rear end