RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
from yahoo news..

Models included in the buyback offer are certain Ram 1500s from 2009 to 2012; the Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4 by 4 from 2008; and the Ram 2500 4 by 4, 3500 4 by 4, 4500 4 by 4, and 5500 4 by 4, all from 2008 through 2012. Also part of the offer are 2009 Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango SUVs and the Dodge Dakota pickup from 2009 through 2011.

"certain" is not defined in the article

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-sources-fiat-chrysler-buy-back-300-000-215649585--finance.html

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The steering recall issue has nothing to do with the steering itself, it has something to do with a clamp or whatever rubbing the wire bundle that the airbag is connected too causing a short and deploying the airbag while driving. At least this I what i read last night.

Yikes

IdahoDiesle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
BUY Back?

One of the problems with a buy back is that fact that I have more than just an money poured into paying for the truck, but the buy back route will not include the Ranch Hand front bumper with receiver hitch or the B&W gooseneck hitch I have installed to do the work. I have had all the known recall work done on my truck, but I fear the resale value just fell through the floor, if I ever do get ride of it.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I guess this explains the letter i got a couple weeks ago. I guess its time to go truck shopping.

FYI, these are bait emails/letters. :roflsquared: literaly EVERY GM sends them to their internet sales guy and they change the names on the header to get people to come in thinking they are selected to get a great deal. Im sure you will get a good deal, but again.. its just an email to get you in the dealership..

NOTHING to do with the recall.. trust me..

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The steering recall issue has nothing to do with the steering itself, it has something to do with a clamp or whatever rubbing the wire bundle that the airbag is connected too causing a short and deploying the airbag while driving. At least this I what i read last night.

where did you read this?

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To be honest, I have a 2012 and I have no issues with my Truck whatsoever, but this specific issue is in regards to a steering recall, but I haven't heard of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm with you on this one. :waytogo:

But if they do buy it back I would like them to replace it with a 2500 black top edition. :naughty:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
checkem yall RamOEMDTC - OEMDTC

... allllllll 18 pages lol

After looking through this... I'm glad I have a 2014 1500 & a 2013 Durango. Not much in there for our vehicles. Just an antenna issue, Idler pulley (maybe), and a headlight sensor while coming out of a parking garage/tunnel.

OP
OP
J

jgraz82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I took my truck over to my local dealer today to have my software updated with the "hacking" issue and they said they don't even have the software yet to update it. "I was the first truck they tried"

In reference to the recall they had zero answers. Stated "the media blows it all out of proportion"

So it's very reassuring that no one knows. Lol

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I'm with you on this one. :waytogo:

But if they do buy it back I would like them to replace it with a 2500 black top edition. :naughty:

What sucks, other than sport blue I really don't like and of the colors. I love my orange.... And no I don't want ignition orange.

checkem yall RamOEMDTC - OEMDTC

... allllllll 18 pages lol

Man, that site is so hard to follow. WTF!!

And that steering linkage recall. Is that what this is all about?

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My VIN has never popped up for any recalls.....I'd sell it back in a heart beat to get a nice dirtymax though

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO, 'offer to buyback' will realistically only come into play if they aren't able to perform successful repairs in a reasonable amount of time. (That appears to be the basis for the RAM portion of the ruling,,, folks waiting forever to get successful repairs on items that affect safety)

So, don't plan on them cutting you a check when you first walk in the door. Unless, of course, that check is for substantially less than the actual value of the vehicle. (You can usually get that kind of 'buyback offer' on virtually ANY vehicle any day of the year ! LOL!!!)

This right here. Everyone is getting a raging hard on for a new truck, only to have their wet dream ruined because the media is blowing this all out of proportion like they always do.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
After looking through this... I'm glad I have a 2014 1500 & a 2013 Durango. Not much in there for our vehicles. Just an antenna issue, Idler pulley (maybe), and a headlight sensor while coming out of a parking garage/tunnel.

8HP70's have a programing issue on the 2013+'s. it looks like there is in fact a TSB for the hard downshifts.. Same with the Eco's as well..

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This right here. Everyone is getting a raging hard on for a new truck, only to have their wet dream ruined because the media is blowing this all out of proportion like they always do.

That's how I'm seeing it,,, Stuff affecting safety was not getting fixed successfully in a reasonable amount of time, so the Government basically stepped in,,, (NHTSA, or whatever)

The offer to buy back was not present/prevalent before this,,,,,, Lots of 'promise's of repair' and 'shortages of repair parts',,, leading to complaints made to the 'NHTSA' (and it's new Director)

As a result of the complaints,,, we are hearing of an agreement between FCA and NHTSA that now includes the possibility of a buyback. It doesn't explicitly say 'everyone gets a big fat check' when they walk through the door.

It only means, in order to appease the NHTSA, FCA has now agreed that if successful repairs cannot be implemented in a reasonable amount of time, the possibility of a buyback does in fact now exist.

Gotta love Headlines,,, They ARE meant to grab your attention,, any way possible,,,

:)

Last edited:

rrregnier

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Sport QC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Owners of vehicles who have questions about the recalls can call the company at 1-800-853-1403.

A list of the 23 Fiat Chrysler recalls that NHTSA investigated can be found here: NHTSA Recalls Spotlight - Chrysler Recalls

Owners of any vehicle can look to see what, if any, recalls apply to their vehicle by entering their vehicle identification number at this NHTSA Web site: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That's how I'm seeing it,,, Stuff affecting safety was not getting fixed successfully in a reasonable amount of time, so the Government basically stepped in,,, (NHTSA, or whatever)

The offer to buy back was not present/prevalent before this,,,,,, Lots of 'promise's of repair' and 'shortages of repair parts',,, leading to complaints made to the 'NHTSA' (and it's new Director)

As a result of the complaints,,, we are hearing of an agreement between FCA and NHTSA that now includes the possibility of a buyback. It doesn't explicitly say 'everyone gets a big fat check' when they walk through the door.

It only means, in order to appease the NHTSA, FCA has now agreed that if successful repairs cannot be implemented in a reasonable amount of time, the possibility of a buyback does in fact now exist.

Gotta love Headlines,,, They ARE meant to grab your attention,, any way possible,,,

:)

so basically this isnt a new recall, but an old recall that they are pushing chrysler to buy back due to not fixing the trucks fast enough? am i understanding this correctly? i agree, the media blows **** way out of proportion. would be nice if they gave actual information that would help people.

im not gonna lie i got a little excited about the buy back. my truck is supposed to have the steering rack replaced on thursday and i heard the news this morning about a buy back due to steering issues. awful big coincidence.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a 'new' recall. See rrregnier's post above for what vehicles have which recalls. I did not do a full 'look-see', but I did not see a 2012 1500 steering-related recall.
Post # 46 also has a link.

startt21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The concerning part to me is I run my trucks vin number and I see no recalls for it. And I dont ever remember taking it in for the rear axle pinion one or getting any notification it could be faulty. Mine is a '12 purchased new Easter weekend in '12 should I be concerned?

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What sucks, other than sport blue I really don't like and of the colors. I love my orange.... And no I don't want ignition orange.

If that is your truck in your signature then damn man fight to keep it. That orange rocks! :peace: