RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012ramHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I guess this explains the letter i got a couple weeks ago. I guess its time to go truck shopping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,678

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Me too....as I am experiencing a low speed vibration in my steering when turning @ ~ 75% of min radius, and the dealer claimed to not be able to reproduce the issue.

Mine is a 2012, with roughly 12,800 miles on it.

brmartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been searching everywhere to see if there was a vin search for trucks that are part of the buyback. I'm praying my 2011 1500 is part of it. I've been trying to unload it ever since the front diff failed hard and chrysler refused to warranty it because of a 'missing fill cap' even though there was diff fluid all over the engine bay.

PoopCakes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-10
I guess this explains the letter i got a couple weeks ago. I guess its time to go truck shopping.

I got one of those in the mail too....from a Nissan dealer. It has nothing to do with FCA's corporate buyback. That's your local dealer playing tricks on you trying to sell you a new car/truck.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMHO, 'offer to buyback' will realistically only come into play if they aren't able to perform successful repairs in a reasonable amount of time. (That appears to be the basis for the RAM portion of the ruling,,, folks waiting forever to get successful repairs on items that affect safety)

So, don't plan on them cutting you a check when you first walk in the door. Unless, of course, that check is for substantially less than the actual value of the vehicle. (You can usually get that kind of 'buyback offer' on virtually ANY vehicle any day of the year ! LOL!!!)

Last edited:

ramanator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 1999, 1995, and 1984
Engine
Hemi 5.7, two 318s and a 360
Is it just the trucks and SUVs or is it the cars also

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While I on one hand applaud the tenacity of the NHSTA on the other hand I am baffled by their un even application of their standards. How many GM's have been involved in injury accidents because their known defective ignition switch decided to shut off in an intersection? How many people were hurt by the TACO surge accelerator problem? Yet this is where they decide to apply full force? I guess it as it is said, What the Gov giveth, the Gov taketh away.

preachp

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While I on one hand applaud the tenacity of the NHSTA on the other hand I am baffled by their un even application of their standards. How many GM's have been involved in injury accidents because their known defective ignition switch decided to shut off in an intersection? How many people were hurt by the TACO surge accelerator problem? Yet this is where they decide to apply full force? I guess it as it is said, What the Gov giveth, the Gov taketh away.

preachp

The problem is FCA has attempted to resolve the issue without success. GM's recall resolved the ignition issue, so there is no need for a buyback.

I really wish this stretched to 2013...

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
so how are we supposed to figure out if we qualify for a buyback? my truck was actually supposed to go in this week the have the steering rack replaced since the steering is all screwed up. i would be very interested in a buy back.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Wow, this is pretty crazy.

So how the hell do we know we have the problem? Lose control and total the truck..lol

Does this include if you bought the truck used?

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got same letter, ploy to get you in...

Yep,, I still get the 'need your truck' letters from NW Dodge on the 09 I bought there,,, Too bad (for them) I traded it in on a 14 at another Dealer,,,, about 8 months ago,,, :roflsquared:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Wow, this is pretty crazy.

So how the hell do we know we have the problem? Lose control and total the truck..lol

Does this include if you bought the truck used?

I would say they just released the recall give i some time to notifiy everyone but if your the owner at the time of the recall was issued I would say your covered.

Brian N

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm just about to take mine in for a pretty shaky right front. Getting up to speed on the highway, 100Km/h, it starts to shake pretty good.
Although, it does keep my coffee mixed well, as I drive to work.
Will have to wait and see if my truck is one of the ones recalled. Kind of don't want it to be, the wife loves it.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
I got that same letter from the Ford dealer that sold me my Rangers in 2006 and 2007. It's junk mail. Mine had the same fake post-it note on it and read almost exactly the same. All of these dealers and manufacturers pull from the same bag of tricks.

Awastatyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
found this vin lookup

I typed mine in and its has the recall. It has something to do with someone being able to remotely hack into your truck/car and tamper with it, as in apply breaks, turn steering, shut off motor ect.

FCA says they fixed it on their end but will update your your radio to apply additional security fixes.

hacking concerns

edit:
Also if you have the RAM toolbox app on your phone, it will tell you if you have the recall too.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
found this vin lookup

I typed mine in and its has the recall. It has something to do with someone being able to remotely hack into your truck/car and tamper with it, as in apply breaks, turn steering, shut off motor ect.

FCA says they fixed it on their end but will update your your radio to apply additional security fixes.

hacking concerns

I believe that is a separate issue, on the newer trucks. I believe this thread is in reference to older 4th gens with steering recalls.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The steering recall issue has nothing to do with the steering itself, it has something to do with a clamp or whatever rubbing the wire bundle that the airbag is connected too causing a short and deploying the airbag while driving. At least this I what i read last night.