Rambox + Motorcycle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking to get a Rebel with ram box but would also like to put my motorcycle in the box. Has anyone had any issues with doing this?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I recall an explanation & a video about the Rambox & a motorcycle

The guy opened the Ramboxes & removed the boxes, they are light weight & have several small bolts in the bed that hold them in place.

Once the boxes were out, i think that he used something to beef up the beds sheet metal on the inside.
he was able to add better tie downs to hold the bike stationary.

I know that i am not explaining to well, but i hope that you can picture it.

He did mention that while disconnecting the electrical connectors of the ramboxes, in the tail light area, he thought he had the correct connection, but it turns out that there was something else back there.

While you have the Ramboxes removed, you should maybe rust proof the inside of those cavities where the Ramboxes sit

found a video

Last edited:

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Why does having a rambox have anything to do with putting a motorcycle in the back? I had my scout in the back of mine no problem. just get it up there safely.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that he was wondering how he could securely strap a heavy 2 wheeler into a Rambox bed

I know how i would do it
I would remove the Ramboxes & bolt metal plates inside that cavity, to beef up the sheet metal enough to mount tie down points at least in the 4 corners fairly close to the top of the Ramboxes

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe that he was wondering how he could securely strap a heavy 2 wheeler into a Rambox bed

I know how i would do it
I would remove the Ramboxes & bolt metal plates inside that cavity, to beef up the sheet metal enough to mount tie down points at least in the 4 corners fairly close to the top of the Ramboxes
sorry for being unclear but yes I was wondering how well the bike could be strapped down

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You strap it down just like you would with a non rambox bed. Am i missing something here? There are tiedown mounts in rambox beds too.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There is no way that i would tie down a full size motorcycle to the 4 loops that are down at floor level, the straps would almost be vertical.
With a regular bed, you can run the straps over to the bed rails & some more down to the floor loops, if needed

I also strongly believe in a product called DG Tailgate Supports

Last edited:
OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You strap it down just like you would with a non rambox bed. Am i missing something here? There are tiedown mounts in rambox beds too.
Yes it's just the tie down mounts are very much closer to the center. This is why I was asking if it was easily doable before I purchased