Random Electronic "ping"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RidgebackBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 Limited Hemi with 8 inch info screen. While driving I will occasionally hear a random electronic ping for no apparent reason. No warnings on the dash, nothing being done with infotainment system, no notices on the infotainment screens. Then I won't hear it for another 2-3 weeks (although I am not driving it much). Anybody else experienced this or have an explanation? Just Ram Gremlins?

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
if you save a song from XM radio to favorites, it will make a sound when it comes on. Maybe that's it?

OP
OP
R

RidgebackBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. That sounds like a possibility. I will look that up in my 600 page manual. I gave up trying to learn all the characeristics of the infotainment system but that sounds about right.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
It's hard to notice, but right at the top of the screen in red letters, it says "favorite playing" or something like that when it dings.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
2019 Limited Hemi with 8 inch info screen. While driving I will occasionally hear a random electronic ping for no apparent reason. No warnings on the dash, nothing being done with infotainment system, no notices on the infotainment screens. Then I won't hear it for another 2-3 weeks (although I am not driving it much). Anybody else experienced this or have an explanation? Just Ram Gremlins?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
R

RidgebackBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was as "The OG" said. I had somehow selected a tune as a favorite. So there you go.