Rear .75" or 1" poly spacer, does it exist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Deleted

Last edited:

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
anyone have a link for the tj rear 3/4 spacer? been trying to find somthing for a couple weeks

Dub1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sorry to revive an old thread. Seems to be the only info on the web for using TJ spacers in the rear. I picked up a set today and I'm going to install soon, did any of you running a TJ spacer have any issues?

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sorry to revive an old thread. Seems to be the only info on the web for using TJ spacers in the rear. I picked up a set today and I'm going to install soon, did any of you running a TJ spacer have any issues?

No issues.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell no . Not any different than the same spacers labeled for a Ram 1500

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bringing this back to the top. FWIW, I did install the 3/4" poly spacer (spec'd for a Jeep) in the rear of my '16 Ram. 3/4" is most I would recommend using a poly spacer though. The way it fits, the bottom of the spring sits over the pad, there's still about 1/4" of factory spring locator to center the spring, but it's not fully engaging the spring like the factory design. I'd be cautious of using a 1" poly spacer. I think anything more than 3/4" would need to be made of metal. I'm going to watch this closely for signs of spring shifting , have a feeling I may be swapping these poly spacers out for 1" metal.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not seen either issue in any I have installed. They all went on perfectly even the 1.5" spacer

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not seen either issue in any I have installed. They all went on perfectly even the 1.5" spacer

1.5" poly? good to know, my concern was if the poly would keep the spring centered long term under HD use. The 3/4" Jeep spacer is open, there is only a small lip to center the spring. I would assume the 1.5" poly spacer maybe is made different?

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are identical to the TGC spacers which I bought one set of years ago only to find the TJ , XJ and one of the Grand Cherokees were exactly the same . As a matter of fact the TGC spacers are mixed in with the rest of my collection of old Jeep spacers hanging on my garage wall and I couldn't determine which spacers are which .

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1.5" poly? good to know, my concern was if the poly would keep the spring centered long term under HD use. The 3/4" Jeep spacer is open, there is only a small lip to center the spring. I would assume the 1.5" poly spacer maybe is made different?
1.5 is the same style as the the 3/4 just the bottom naturally is 3/4" taller, Your spring has nothing holding it in place so if your shocks are long enough for the spring to unseat when the axle droops it will be the top of the spring that should become unseated thanks to gravity .

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
1.5 is the same style as the the 3/4 just the bottom naturally is 3/4" taller, Your spring has nothing holding it in place so if your shocks are long enough for the spring to unseat when the axle droops it will be the top of the spring that should become unseated thanks to gravity .

Correct!
Based on my measurement 28" extended is max for me and the coil is walking around.
So, if you go get an oil change the coil is coming out.