Rear back up camera displaying on mirror?? Also tow mirrors and locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPDKLZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited Mega Cab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
After a nine week wait, I finally got my truck yesterday. I ordered it with the cargo camera and was told the display would be in the mirror and reverse cam would still display on main screen.

Well, the opposite is true. My cargo cam displays on main screen and reverse cam on my mirror. Is there any way to flip this mode?

Additionally, anyone know if I can set the truck to auto lock when I walk away from it? Not sure why this truck does not do it if it has Enter N Go, keyless start, etc. Wifes old Cadillac and current Tahoe are keyless and they lock when you walk away (delay). Seems like I am defeating the keyless purpose if I still have to pull the fob out to lock the truck.

Finally, I ordered mine without the tie mirrors and now wish I would have added them. Are the mirrors direct fits? If I buy tow mirrors, can I just swap them out or is the wiring/placement different?

I asked the dealer three times to leave my window sticker in place for fear of them messing it up upon removal. Well, they removed it and I found it folded up in the glove box-with holes from the glove box lock pinching it. When I unfolded it, there are two large rips in it. It would have been nice to have it intact as I planned on laminating it since it says, "Built Especially for Rodrigo Cantu". Guess scotch tape will need to do the repair work.

2500 Granite Mega 4x4 Limited
6.4L

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Without rewiring each camera the only way I know of is getting a lock pick from customtronix, they have a few different packages. But it will allow you to toggle between cargo and rear cameras and if you add additional cameras you can view them also.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the mirrors are tricky, I heard that the 15"s had a power fold tow option mirror but I do not know if this is true. the power folding mirrors have temperature sensor"s in them for the temp display and for the motor. by changing the mirrors the truck will not run right, but it depends on wich mirror u have. someone else will chime in on a minute, gratz on the new truck!! ur gonna love it

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
only way to flip the cameras would be to rewire them.

the tow mirrors should be an easy swap. the wiring is in the same spots, they go to a module mounted on the door. did you get the power folding mirrors? there is a vendor on here that sells both manual folding and power folding tow mirrors which as long as you get the 13+ versions with the temp sensor in the drivers side mirror they should be an easy swap.

OP
OP
S

SPDKLZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited Mega Cab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes, I got the power folding mirrors, just not the tow version. Which vendor? I figured they would be an easy swap...now let's just see what the price runs. Factory order was $180...wish I would have added them.

I am getting used to the camera options. I realized I could switch on the cargo cam while driving down the highway. Seems more useful. I just have to get used to booking trailer up via small screen, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Going to drill the ram box holes for the small nets tomorrow. Now time to make plans for tint and decide on blacking out the chrome parts (mirror covers, door handles, running boards and grill area) to make it granite and black instead of granite and chrome.

Still trying to find a menu setting for the doors to lock automatically when I walk away from the truck.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
OP
OP
S

SPDKLZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited Mega Cab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2013 Ram Truck Power Heated Puddle Light Signal Power - Folding Textured Upgrade Mirror Pair at 1A Auto.com

here are the all black power folding tow mirrors from the vendor on here i mentioned

the only time i had trouble hooking up a trailer with the back up camera on the small screen in the mirror is at night....but that was fixed with a set of brighter LED back up bulbs

I will swap my bulbs out today.

Those mirrors in your link have the smaller mirror, but they don't look like the 2500 style that flip up. I will seek out some resale yards and such.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
are you getting to this part number on their site? 1AMRP01408

they dont picture them flipped up but they are the right ones....

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am pretty sure if u have the power folding mirrors u need to replace them with mirrors that have the same sensors... or u are going to have issues

7510derrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Im looking at doing the same swap. I have the power folding non-tow mirrors on my '14 truck and i also heard that the 15's have pwer folding tow style mirrors. I'd like to simply switch out mine and install these new ones. Has anyone done that yet?