rear lite strips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redram99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
has anyone added rear turn signal and break light strips? if so are they hard wired and what brand?

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Most wire them to the trailer harness... many brands from cheap to expensive... putco is the expensive one.. nick@gotexhaust on this forum has good prices

tma777

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have the trailer harness 4/7 pin on your back bumper you can get a connector for the 4 pin which will allow you to access it and connect the light bar behind the bumper for cleaner install and no need to cut into the factory harness. Curt makes one and it's around $21 on amazon.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have the trailer harness 4/7 pin on your back bumper you can get a connector for the 4 pin which will allow you to access it and connect the light bar behind the bumper for cleaner install and no need to cut into the factory harness. Curt makes one and it's around $21 on amazon.

Got a link to that?

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Curt harness is well worth it!! Have my Opt-7 taillight bar connected to it

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You still have to splice the back up lights even if you use the existing 4 pin for the taillights and turn signal. At least I had to a couple years ago when I installed mine.
Jay

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You still have to splice the back up lights even if you use the existing 4 pin for the taillights and turn signal. At least I had to a couple years ago when I installed mine.
Jay

That is true but you if you use the curt T-Harness, you could cut and splice the reverse wire in the curt harness and not have to touch or damage OEM wiring.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Jay
the new 5 pin curt t harness will solve that issue... you will have a reverse signal for backup light (the 5th pin is used for trailer brakes deactivation during backup)

Justinb34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
the new 5 pin curt t harness will solve that issue... you will have a reverse signal for backup light (the 5th pin is used for trailer brakes deactivation during backup)
Sorry to start an old thread again but how did you connect the reverse to the 5 pin? I have the curt 5 pin and looking to connect my opt7 reverse to it but not sure what the best way to do it is.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I cant help☹ When I did my opt-7 i didnt know curt made a 5 pin so have a 4 pin and tapped drivers taillight reverse

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've installed a few of these...I like the extra lights in back for the idiots who can't see well.....

They are easy to install, after the tailgate is removed for clearance. They generally plug into the 4-flat connector on the bumper, but I always wired mine into the trailer harness so I could use the 4-flat for my utility trailer....

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cant help☹ When I did my opt-7 i didnt know curt made a 5 pin so have a 4 pin and tapped drivers taillight reverse

I think that 5th pin is for trailer brakes