Remote oil filter how-to

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much extra oil do you need with the kit?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
After install it was a quart low. Next oil change I’m planning on 8 quarts.

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi guys where did you get the adapters for the 10an to the 3/4 npt thread to the remote filter mount kit and if you have stock no. will be great i will be using bthe stock hose that came with the kit thank you all in advance

Fiddlebick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I originally posted last spring about the transadapt kit leaking from I blown out pin hole in the casting, and they sent me another right away which took care of the problem. I used cheap ebay 10 AN fittings which worked well for awhile, but late this summer I've developed a small leak that I can see on the garage floor...a drip, maybe a half a teaspoon after I shut the truck off and it sits for awhile cooling down. When I inspected I couldn't tell exactly where the leak is, just generally wet, you know the way a leak will blow around and spread from the wind at road speed. Most likely the fitting? Anybody else had an issue with their fittings?

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I installed on October 11 2020, so just over a month. Just used what came with the transdapt kit. Only mod was some hose clamps. So far so good, no oil loss. Not a lot of time on it yet so take my anecdotal evidence fwiw.

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi guys any one that install the filter relocating kit 5 or 6 years ago had any problems with the kits like oil leaks hoses rotting or adapters leaks any problems at all please give some info . thanks to all

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hi guys any one that install the filter relocating kit 5 or 6 years ago had any problems with the kits like oil leaks hoses rotting or adapters leaks any problems at all please give some info . thanks to all
Nope been solid since 2015 when I put on my first truck now on my second

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk