Rough 2-3 Up-shift on Acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staffke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to the forum, hoping someone can help. I've had my Ram 1500, 5.7 in for a trans service to fix this issue but no dice. Changed the servo pack, fluid/filter, and gaskets but still have the same issue.
Upon acceleration from a stop, the trans "stumbles" on the 2-3 up-shift. It's like it cuts out for a second causing a rough shift, almost like I suddenly let off the pedal and stepped back on it; it's very quick but very pronounced. The truck actually bucks when it happens. It makes no difference on hard or gradual acceleration. The only thing that seems to make a difference is temperature. It shifts fairly normal until the truck gets hot. The hotter the day the more pronounced the symptom. All other performance is normal ie: kick down, all other gear shifts including overdrive and converter lock-up.

grpht03ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope you don't need a trans rebuild. It's not throwing any codes?

Have you tried replacing the pressure sensor? Part # 04799758AF
Even if that's not the problem, it's a good part to change on a high mileage transmission as preventive maintenance.

EDIT: I noticed you have an '09. That may be the wrong part # for your model year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500