Running Board Replacement Pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hydrasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Laramie crew cab with OEM RAM, chrome, one piece 7' running boards. The black plastic non-slip insert along the top that protects the chrome has cracked and I want to replace it. I have looked at a Ram parts website for the replacement part with my vin. Their website only shows two short pads per running board, one for the front door and one pad for the rear door. My running boards show "RAM" on the front plastic trim piece of each running board with a 5'6" flat plastic trim insert. Has any one found the 5'6" one piece replacement trim for their running boards? Does anyone here the same style running boards? Part number? I do not want to buy all new running boards as these are still good and solid.

CIMG1800.JPG

OP
OP
Hydrasport

Hydrasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, but they have the whole running board for $300 each. Looks like no one sells just the pad.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I ran into that same thing with the Ram OEM step bars on my 2007. No replacement pads available from Ram. I found out who made them (Westin) and contacted them. No luck there, either.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, but they have the whole running board for $300 each. Looks like no one sells just the pad.

Contact them vs just looking at their site. I saw that someone on another forum got just the pads by asking them.

Debagged, 20x9 Fuel Hostages +0, 295/65R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Bilsteins at 2.8, weathertech mats, Tuftruck 1223's, Leer camper shell, lumber rack, DeeZee tailgate assist, a homemade platform for the floor in the back of the cab, Packrat toolbox, a UWS truck box, a bedrug tailgate rug and a bolt hitch lock.

OP
OP
Hydrasport

Hydrasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's for the replies. The $32 pad is the short one. I will be calling an online Mopar dealer Monday.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd like to wake this up, I am having the same issue. My running boards are on a 2014 Laramie Limited and extend past the 2nd crew door so I can stand on it to access the bed. Is it possible to use the small pads or are there mounting holes under the long pad? I have looked all over for the long pads also without luck.