Same size tension clamps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vjp8989

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all. 2018 1500 Slt 5.7. I ordered 2 oem constant tension clamps for upper rad hose. (Part # 4809147AA) I understand there are different diameter sizes for each end of the hose, with the larger end being on engine side. My question is, do I need two different size tension clamps because of the size differences, or is the one clamp size I ordered the correct fit for both sides of the hose? Thank you.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everybody hates on spring clamps. I've never had one leak. Worm clamps always need snugged up after first install.

Can't advise on the original question though, sorry.
in the rust belt the spring clamps always rust out quick and leak so depends where people live ig.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm an hour south of lake Erie, I know rust:D

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like spring clamps and don't understand why they're hated. My '95 and '98 Neons still have the originals. 2nd radiator on the '95 and 3rd radiator on the '98, I just reuse the clamps. The '95 spent the 1st half of it's life in the south while the '98 has always been in the rust belt. Worm clamps have tails that catch my sleeves and can be tightened until they crack the plastic radiator.
Why aren't you reusing the originals?

OP
OP
V

vjp8989

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like spring clamps and don't understand why they're hated. My '95 and '98 Neons still have the originals. 2nd radiator on the '95 and 3rd radiator on the '98, I just reuse the clamps. The '95 spent the 1st half of it's life in the south while the '98 has always been in the rust belt. Worm clamps have tails that catch my sleeves and can be tightened until they crack the plastic radiator.
Why aren't you reusing the originals?
Sorry didn't see your reply brother. Had radiator replaced and they tossed the oems ‍♂️ They insisted on the worms, which of course have been giving me trouble since. I already replaced the spring for the radiator side, and surprise surprise, no leaks.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi