Seat Belts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reamer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are times when I want to back up 6”, or drive a short distance, without the truck harassing me about my seatbelt, or worse applying the brake and putting the truck in park!

Yeah, I’ve got one of those 3” seat belt extenders - it fixes the problem, but it digs into the side of my gut. Even after losing 15 pounds it’s still uncomfortable.

So, I tried unplugging the little wire from the seat belt buckle — Wow, the truck doesn’t like that! What goes on in that buckle? Clearly it’s not just an open or closed switch.

Does anyone know how to trick the truck into thinking that the seatbelt is always buckled (without that annoying 3” extension?

I didn’t want a nanny, I don’t want auto park, I don’t want dinging as I drive 0.01 miles....

Thanks.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just use the seat belt extender and don't have any issues with it. I don't even notice it's there. I haven't tried this but I've read it works. Ride the brake pedal with your left foot while moving. I've read that as long as you have slight brake pressure it won't auto-park itself.

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Simply put belt on, turn key on, wait till everything boots up in the cluster then Unbuckle and buckle three times while finishing with it buckled. Turn ignition off and you should hear a chime. No more belt alert. When you say turn key on, is you saying to turn the switch on or crank the truck.

I found this online