Seat belt chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an ‘07 Ram. Does it have a sensor under the seat somewhere the will set off the seat belt chime for the passenger seat? I thought my truck used to chime if I had a passenger that wasn’t buckled but last week my wife and I was driving and after quit a ways she realized she wasn’t buckled and thought it used to chime if she wasn’t buckled. Am I correct on this? If it isn’t sensing a passenger does that mean that airbag won’t deploy either?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The passenger airbag will deploy unless your "Airbag Off" light is illuminated. As far as the chime, does it still sound if you drive without buckling up? If yes, possible the sensor on the passenger seat is bad. Also, the buckle receiver could have a bad sensor that is always registering it being buckled even though it isn't.

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The chime doesn’t work for the passenger. I’ll have to check again to see if it does for the driver.
The airbag light goes off after the light check.