Shark fin antenna delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebel0418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hoping for some help. I have a Rebel with a 6inch lift that isn't able to fit in the garage due to the shark fin antenna. I was hoping to remove the shark fin (I don't use XM or UConnect) but would like to keep the truck navigation system, I have the 12.2 screen, and I do not want warning signals flashing every time I turn the truck on. I have searched the forum but haven't found anything about removing the shark fin on the 5th gen rams, talked to M2Mods who advised I ask on here. Anyone have any experience on how to do this? Thanks!

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They do make a small flat style antenna for the GPS, but I highly doubt that any of them would match the shark fin mounting holes.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't know anything about the mounting for the 5th gen puck v sharkfin but the mounting holes for both antennas are identical on 4th gens. I did the swap on my 2018 and it was just one hole in the center to access the 10mm bolt after partially dropping the headliner.