She Rides Like a Lincoln Now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Damn smartypants, what a great shot!
Thanks, it’s actually a screen shot from a video of me going up wipeout hill, but that particular frame made for a great shot. The kid in the pic got a good video of it too (I’m at 6:15)

Last edited:

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Depends on what kinds of off-roading you’re doing. These rigs are heavy enough, I wouldn’t want to go adding much more weight to them. Although I am the exception, not the rule when it comes to curb weight, as I typically hit the trails weighing in around 8,500 lbs. And I especially would not have wanted a pallet loaded with bricks in the bed of my truck at Moab!

View attachment 230697

although that would have been interesting to see your truck there with a pallet of bricks, could have been real interesting.......maybe next years pwim

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, it’s actually a screen shot from a video of me going up wipeout hill, but that particular frame made for a great shot. The kid in the pic got a good video kid it too (I’m at 6:15)

Like a boss.

OP
OP
SkeeterBait

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm liking the payload set up, but I'm liking the front end loader tractor. Does that have the drive deck for mowing and other attachments; back hoe, plow, disc, etc? I was thinking about a Kubota, for a long time. I like Deere too.

Yes, all of the above and more, except the backhoe... This is the "E" model that doesn't have the hydraulics for a backhoe. The "R" model has those capabilities. The front and rear quick attach implements make this tractor awesome to operate.
I bought this tractor 5 years ago, and at that time JD offered financing of 6 years with zero percent and no money down...! NO brainer there.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
^^ Compared to the payload capacity of a non-PW 2500, its nothing. Axle load on the PW are way understressed, at least on the highway.

ToTheDarkSide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you want to increase weight in your bed and still make it a usable space and keep it from becoming a weapon i case of an accident, go to rural king or some tractor supply store and buy their 4x6 rubber stall mats. They are really heavy (about 100lbs) and are perfect to leave in the bed year round if needed. Plus if you decide to leave one in the summer, it’ll protect your bed from just about anything you throw at it

OP
OP
SkeeterBait

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but this is a violation of the Power Wagon Code of Practice. A solution to a problem like this should cost at least $3k! :D

EXACTLY!! You got it...! Trucks have open beds for a reason. TO CARRY LOADS... They are engineered and designed for that purpose. Granted, my method surely needs improvement for safety, but to spend the extra $$$ for a better ride defeats my purposes.

OP
OP
SkeeterBait

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ever think what the constant extra weight might be doing to your axle bearings?

Hi Bill... thanks for that question! From my experience over the past 40 years of truck ownership, this is a non-issue.
The 2007 RAM 2500HD 4x4 with a Jake Brake equipped CTD I traded a month ago for this 2020 PW carried this load for 14 years when not pulling a 16K lb. 5th wheel trailer. NEVER had any mechanical problems. That rig was a beast! In fact, having the Jake Brake on that engine allowed 95k miles before the first brake job.
That awesome truck is for sale on Bob Novicks lot in Bridgeton, NJ.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ever think what the constant extra weight might be doing to your axle bearings?

Why are some people bent about this guy putting weight in his truck? I was doing some dumb math last night. I’m consistently at max pay load or close to it every time I’m in the truck with my family. The decked system and dog creates alone are over 500 lbs when my dogs are in them.

What everyone’s problem?

I get an unsecured load but don’t think a 2500 series truck cares about 500 lbs in the bed.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is a self loader, no forklift required, unless you do a lift kit

aatVPWFHa_b9yGj32xnMWxOIUnfD14lH-xZSdMjxOlUwM3Uv&s.jpg
how fat was she before she got into shape for bikini season? Also, the new aluminum gates aren't built to handle that.

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to have a dodge. Haven’t had one in 4-5 years. This site still pops up in my email I have some time this morning so I figured I’d check it out lol and oh boy was this a good thread to read. Y’all need to buy a GM truck I’ll never go back.

This power wagon is a pavement princess so why would you need that many bricks in your bed? Snow? Buy the proper snow tires for it then. Or air your tires down.

You have wasted bed space now specially with a bed cover lol. What are you gonna put in there groceries? This truck has a bed weight probably near 3500 pounds max which you just dropped your pay load by a bit and notice how you had to adjust your headlights? Well now your suspension is in an odd position and tho this truck can haul weight it’s not designed to be squatted all the time you will be going through driveline ujoints faster and shocks just more wear and tear in general even your brakes and motor. Better get used to how it accelerates and stops too. You would be surprised what a couple hundred pounds does to your overall stop.

Pretty odd thing to do lol but not my tuck. I like my bed space, I like using my truck how it was intended, and I like a truck that’s going to perform

these dodges just suck. The Cummins is awesome but other then that they are junk. I’ve had a couple rams and a couple fords. I would take my old 99 7.3 Ford over my 2000, 2004, and 2006 HD Dodge any day of the week. I run heavy equipment for a living and own my own excavation company been doing it for nearly 15 years. For a large portion of it I traveled all over the place. That being said I haul minis, skid steers, small dozers, lots of rock, 37’ fifth wheel, etc. I haul a lot of weight on a daily basis usually. I could NEVER get a ram to make it more then idk year or year and a half without replacing the front end, transmission was usually right behind it, and then the rest of the body lol my 06 you could see day light through the door seals. If it was snowing it was snowing in the cab as well. I have had real Dodge Death Wobble while hauling my fifth wheel. That was fun. Every driver seat was destroyed within 100k miles. They just fall apart. The only thing I haven’t had trouble with is the infamous Cummins I built my top end in my driveway with basic hand tools something you couldn’t say about for or GM.
Ford was quite a bit better but like dodge they are very basic. If I’m spending more and more every new truck I buy I want the creature comforts. With a Ford you could throw a lot of power at a stock transmission they just last longer The front end is better and the parts seem to last longer even trim, doors, interior parts.

Gm is the way to go my last duramax went to nearly 350k when I sold it Now I have a 2008 and a 16. The 2008 is almost 250k miles. Not an issue aside from the stock emissions clogged around 130k miles. Anyways ya I worked my way through Ford and dodge to settle on a truck that is truly superior.

What I got from this post is you don’t need a truck with a bed lol need a Subaru or something.

You just awarded yourself with the stupidest post of 2020. Congrats dude.

And if you knew half as much as you thought, you would know a power wagon has much less than 3500 pounds of payload. Like less than half of that.