She's been a good one....................

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The older you get the more you have to focus on long term life goals. This why I've decided to put my '14 RAM up for sale. This was after much debating the pros and cons; going forward it makes the most sense.

We never like to take on debt but in the last couple years our finances took a kidney punch. I had to buy a vehicle for the wife. It started when we were looking for a clean used car or small truck for my son since he is off to college soon. We had 5k to spend we saved up for this. Unfortunately everything we looked was absolute junk. So we decided to give her vehicle to him and buy something else for her. We picked up a low mileage, 1 owner Chrysler 300. The heat pump was on it way out and I knew it. So when we turn it on for the first time this year -no bueno-. Turns out the evap coil was rusty and had pin holes in it. The compressor has been making a knocking noise for the past couple years so it was time to bite the bullet to the tune of 10K.

As far as my truck, I don't drive my truck all that much. Typically its once a week when I haul the trash off. (relatives need to get their own car) It just sits most of the time. If I sell it and getting a fair price I could pay off the extra bills so we are down to a house payment and utilities. I'll miss it but I like being (mostly) out of debt more.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You've obviously given it a lot of thought. Based on your situation and financial goals, I think it sounds like a good plan. Esp now where a 2014 like you say is at the edge where you can still get good money for it. In a couple more years it's a 10yo truck and a steeper drop-off in value. Trucks will always be there if needs/finances/goals change.

Best regards

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
All the best. Sounds like some good memories you’ve had with the Ram…… and now it’ll allow someone else to experience some great memories as well :waytogo:

OP
OP
Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the kind remarks.
When I bought the RAM the idea was "this will be the last truck I'll have to buy". But it's just a truck. I'm not going to cry about it.
It it still nice enough and runs strong that whoever test drives it will want it. But they won't get it cheap. I don't have much patience for tire kickers.