Single cabs galore at the dealership today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1250604D-6E1E-4C31-8625-E6625B323877_1_105_c.jpeg
These are my last 3RCSB's, black 17 is my present , Red 14 is now my daughter's and the red 08 was mine 3 Rams back . I don't have pics of the 99,2000,03 any more which were two more red and one white. before those 6 I had 2 chevy's ,1 Ford ,1 65 Jeep Gladiator and 3 Toyotas all reg cab short beds. None were ever purchased close to home as I seem to be one of the few RCSB people around . At 66 I guess this black 17 should last a long time at about 10 miles per day unless the new Bronco keeps haunting me .

View attachment 226337

Okay, I'm not a big fan of the totally blacked out look, but HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER! That one is INCREDIBLE!

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 226644

Okay, I'm not a big fan of the totally blacked out look, but HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER! That one is INCREDIBLE![/QUOTE

Thank you. I was never into the blacked out thing but after seeing it in person I really liked it and said what the hell lets see what I can do with it

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I’m in one of the biggest cities in the country (Houston area) and RCSB just aren’t available in any measurable quantity.
I bought my 13 in Houston. It was a special order and equipped exactly as if I ordered it myself. It had been on the lot for 11 months.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought my 13 in Houston. It was a special order and equipped exactly as if I ordered it myself. It had been on the lot for 11 months.
They exist for sure, just not in any measurable quantity, and most of them are bland fleet trucks.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One man's bland fleet truck is another man's blank canvas :) Or another's deliberately austere utility.
Tru dat. I know I've had my fair share of bland stock vehicles that I put a ton of money into to make it something I like. These days, I just dont have the desire to do that anymore, and wish there were more options readily available for well optioned RCSB trucks on the lots. I dont want to have to order one just to get something above bare bones.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
View attachment 227170 View attachment 227171
My last 2 regular cabs. I want another. Really like the look of the new 4.5 Gen HeftyDuty standard cab.

I had the black one's twin for a long time. A '87, 318 with 4 speed granny gear. Even the same rims. The previous owner had a light bar on it, at least per the holes drilled in the floor, but it was gone when I got it. Still had a brush guard and I mounted some KC lights to that. No plow. When I bought it the front passenger side spring was sprung, so to speak, and the truck sat lop-sided. I had a 4" Rough Country lift put on it, which ride surprisingly well for what it was.

That's the one I finally got ride of due to shifting being an issue with a child seat in the middle.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All of my trucks were regular cabs. This was my 85.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

JOsworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Saw an earlier post where it was harshly said that they didn't like the RC.... and while I wouldn't put it that way, it is actually something I have pondered and talked about with a friend. See, back in the 70's when extended and crew cabs started to be seen more, I hated them. Thought they looked absurd. Now, I think RC trucks look weird.... and that got me thinking.. why? Surely it isn't just because of numbers. For example, never was a big fan of the jelly bean Dodge van, but love the last gen. Love it so much that it was the last new car I bought for the wife.. a 2017 Grand Caravan GT. Back to the truck. I have thoughts now why. It has all to do with proportion. Trucks got taller with a lower glass to body ratio, like many modern vehicles. Before say 2004, proportions were different. Older trucks had taller glass areas and shorter bodies. For example, I didn't need a step ladder to access stuff under the hood of my 78 Chevy RC SB. Yet, I use one to change the oil filter on my 3.6 in my stock 2016 and I am 6'1".

There are a ton of pictures here of older and new RC trucks, so let me show the difference below when it comes to the crew cab..

Older truck... looks long and dorky to me..

75Dodge_W200_Crew__Yellow_White%20036%20[1024x768].jpg

Yet here is 5th gen, where the proportions just look right. The ratio of height to length is better.

2020_ram_1500_crew-cab-pickup_big-horn_s_oem_3_815.jpg

Now that my cat is out of the bag.... I would agree that from a novelty point of view, the RC trucks today are neat. But I personally won't get one, even if I didn't have a want for the space of a crew cab.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm always amazed by how much conversation about cabs, tires, suspension, head & taillights, etc all comes down to nothing more than looks + meeting somebody's idea of ideal aesthetic proportions.

Damn should we be color coordinating our lipstick with our trucks too?

There's nothing wrong with a good presentation, same reason I wear clean clothes out in public but job number 1 is function. I really don't care what it looks like as long as it's clean, safe, orderly and capable.

Last edited: