Slight pull to the left......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael HART

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cylinder
I had a Rough Country 4" lift installed on my 2018 Ram Express 4X4. It's the crew cab model. I now drift a bit to the left when out on the open highway. I have NOT had the front end aligned yet and I do see a slight disparity in height between the front and the back. The front is a bit higher than the rear. I don't drive the truck very often (it has 4000 miles on it) but want to be able to drive it safely and comfortably. Absolutely, positively get the front end lined up yes? Thanks in advance and thanks for adding me to the page. PS: Before and after18 Ram.jpg Ram Lift.jpg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Absolutely need an alignment. Even with a small level the alignment will be way off. A fresh alignment should have your truck steering straight again no prob.

Nice looking pickup! Whatcha gonna do for tires and wheels?

OP
OP
Michael HART

Michael HART

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cylinder
Speaking of nice looking rigs....that 's a beauty you have as your profile!!!

I'll be making an appointment for an alignment tomorrow and I thank you for your rsponse!

Wheels? Ya know what? I haven't put a lot of thought into that aspect yet. Not even sure what size to look at OR if I'd be better off with an entire wheel/tire package. Probably going to need spacers and stuff like that right?

Any suggestions would ge greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!!

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
305/55/20 BFG KO2 For tires bud! Nice looking ride as well! Shouldn’t need spacers. Could run them if you wanted a little more stance or buy a negative offset rim to go with your tires.

OP
OP
Michael HART

Michael HART

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cylinder
I have to tell ya I love those Goodrich All-Terrain gummies.

Thank you Lyle and I hope all is well up there in beautiful Canada!

PS: That truck of yours is bad-ass!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Speaking of nice looking rigs....that 's a beauty you have as your profile!!!

I'll be making an appointment for an alignment tomorrow and I thank you for your rsponse!

Wheels? Ya know what? I haven't put a lot of thought into that aspect yet. Not even sure what size to look at OR if I'd be better off with an entire wheel/tire package. Probably going to need spacers and stuff like that right?

Any suggestions would ge greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!!

Its all what you personally want. Im a stock wheel kind of guy most of the time...I would probably just slap a new set of rubber on those wheels. And I would not run spacers If I didnt have to (think you are good as long as you dont go over 12.5” wide?).

After looking at your pics again, the rear looks like it is saggin’ ass. Almost looks like it lower in the back after the lift?!

OP
OP
Michael HART

Michael HART

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cylinder
That's exactly what I see when it's parked on a level plane. The rear seems to be lower and the front looks higher. Wheels.....I'm kind of mirroring that same thought.....I like the stock wheels. Maybe move up one size and into a slightly more aggressive tread pattern.

tire-all-terrain-ta-ko2-left-three-quarters.png

OP
OP
Michael HART

Michael HART

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cylinder
I put th floor jack under the front end this morning. Raised it up, removed the wheels. Gave them a good scrubbing inside and out. Put them back on, opposite of the sides that they were on. Essentially rotated the front tires No more pull or drifting. None.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Side to side swap for front tires works more often than you would think .