Smokin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OG_Mudd_Flapp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
Hey guys
New here. I'm pretty sure I already know the problem but figured I would get a few other opinions before i start tearing into my baby. I was driving onto the freeway the other day and had to accelerate pretty hard to get past a haul truck. While doing so i heard a pop and blew coolant and smoke all over. Found that i had blew off the lower radiator hose. I got it put back on and coolant filled back up. Drove around with no issues for a few days other than a few puffs of white smoke. Figured that was burn off from sucking up coolant into the intake. However yesterday same thing happened but it was the upper radiator hose this time. Cleaned it all off again and filled it up. But now i get alot of white smoke when the engine gets up to temp. no smoke until then which is why i find it kind of odd. I am thinking i have a blown head gasket. Any ideas? Its a 2019 6.7l cummins

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys
New here. I'm pretty sure I already know the problem but figured I would get a few other opinions before i start tearing into my baby. I was driving onto the freeway the other day and had to accelerate pretty hard to get past a haul truck. While doing so i heard a pop and blew coolant and smoke all over. Found that i had blew off the lower radiator hose. I got it put back on and coolant filled back up. Drove around with no issues for a few days other than a few puffs of white smoke. Figured that was burn off from sucking up coolant into the intake. However yesterday same thing happened but it was the upper radiator hose this time. Cleaned it all off again and filled it up. But now i get alot of white smoke when the engine gets up to temp. no smoke until then which is why i find it kind of odd. I am thinking i have a blown head gasket. Any ideas? Its a 2019 6.7l cummins
Exhaust/combustion gasses getting into the water jacket? Diesel or gas engine?

OP
OP
O

OG_Mudd_Flapp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
its a 2019 6.7l cummins
Exhaust/combustion gasses getting into the water jacket? Diesel or gas engine?
diesel. Found a leak in the piping that goes to the coolant reservoir and ties into the turbo cooling line and a few other places it was a bad o-ring. made a new one and installed it this morning. will test it out in a few hrs.