Snow chains or cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I chain up occasionally. The ones I have now I haven't used yet. Sold my old set to my neighbor when he was stuck on his iced over driveway and discovered the chains he had didn't fit. So another good tip is put them on when you get them to make sure they fit. Better to find out right away then when you need them.

A lot easier to put on when it’s warm and dry as well lololol

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A lot easier to put on when it’s warm and dry as well lololol
Yeah, I just test fit them in the garage and since there seems to be a lot of people concerned about brake line clearance I felt pictures were in order. My power is out at the moment so I have to pass the time somehow.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Yeah, I just test fit them in the garage and since there seems to be a lot of people concerned about brake line clearance I felt pictures were in order. My power is out at the moment so I have to pass the time somehow.

I’m glad those fit for you, looks like your your wheels are quite a bit larger than mine which makes a difference. And yes you’re right, people really should fit their chains at home to be sure they fit before you go up where you might need them. Also to get familiar with how to put them on.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I’m glad those fit for you, looks like your your wheels are quite a bit larger than mine which makes a difference. And yes you’re right, people really should fit their chains at home to be sure they fit before you go up where you might need them. Also to get familiar with how to put them on.
They're 275 65 20, but they fit just the same on my 275 60 20, which is the stock 20" size. Maybe tomorrow I'll put them on my other truck with the stock sras as a better example.

OP
OP
T

Todd78d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
BWL
Sorry for my earlier comment I mistakenly sent it to you. Some one else made a comment something like if you need chains on a 4x4 don’t go.
Last year coming home from Idaho hunting trip they made everybody chain up. It was ridiculous just lightly snowing hwy 80 out of Reno heading west.
Again sorry.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
BWL
Sorry for my earlier comment I mistakenly sent it to you. Some one else made a comment something like if you need chains on a 4x4 don’t go.
Last year coming home from Idaho hunting trip they made everybody chain up. It was ridiculous just lightly snowing hwy 80 out of Reno heading west.
Again sorry.
No worries. I was just confused. Figured you had the wrong guy. Lol

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to sign one for both the Challengers I had too. Made sense on those cars though, not so much on my 4x4
Is this something new? I have purchased several Rams and have never seen this paperwork.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
It depends a lot on where you are... Oregon has a few spots where it's either chains or snow tires required during heavy snow and/or ice, 4x4 be damned. There's only one stretch of road in my neighborhood like that (Mist Mountain Pass on OR-47), but it's easy enough to find an alternative road...