SoCal Mechanic / Shop Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Hey PW crew,
I am looking for recommendations for shops in Southern California that would be up to the task of working on a 2017 Power Wagon. I thought Jeep specialty shops would be a good bet but a few that I called hadn't even heard of the Power Wagon(!!). This is specifically for the dreaded blinking locker lights issue. I'm fed up with my local RAM dealership after they tried to tell me that replacing the sensor and/or actuator directly wouldn't be reliable, so I would need to buy an entirely new rear axle for nearly $4k. I refuse to get ripped off.

I had some recommendations for World Famous 4x4 in Burbank, CA -- but am looking to learn where other folks in the region have been going. I am in the Los Angeles area but willing to travel around California for a shop that knows what they are doing and is fair with pricing.

Thanks!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You might try calling

Mechanically Inclined Technicians

I took my old 1956 Chevy Truck to them, only the Sheet Metal was stock. They did what i asked of them without blinking.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey PW crew,
I am looking for recommendations for shops in Southern California that would be up to the task of working on a 2017 Power Wagon. I thought Jeep specialty shops would be a good bet but a few that I called hadn't even heard of the Power Wagon(!!). This is specifically for the dreaded blinking locker lights issue. I'm fed up with my local RAM dealership after they tried to tell me that replacing the sensor and/or actuator directly wouldn't be reliable, so I would need to buy an entirely new rear axle for nearly $4k. I refuse to get ripped off.

I had some recommendations for World Famous 4x4 in Burbank, CA -- but am looking to learn where other folks in the region have been going. I am in the Los Angeles area but willing to travel around California for a shop that knows what they are doing and is fair with pricing.

Thanks!
Have you tried cleaning the connection going to your locker? Try cleaning it out with some good electrical cleaner and putting some dielectric grease on it. Also pulling the diff cover isn’t difficult and clean the magnet off. Not sure if you have already done so but it might be worth trying and easy to do.