Started Painting Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've done about 7 sets everyone has their own method. The reshaping of the plastic while heated tho is one I use all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Blainepaul36

Blainepaul36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done about 7 sets everyone has their own method. The reshaping of the plastic while heated tho is one I use all the time.

So if I ever do this again, you’re just saying to heat the housing with a heat gun and straighten up the grove so it makes a better seal?

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So if I ever do this again, you’re just saying to heat the housing with a heat gun and straighten up the grove so it makes a better seal?

That's what I do and with that method I've had no leaks (knock on wood).

OP
OP
Blainepaul36

Blainepaul36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had the lights in for about 2 weeks now, with no condensation so far. These are the best pics I can currently get, I love the look. Now time for Retroshop HIDs, and possibly putting my old ones for sale.

IMG_2751_zps4cacbe74.jpg

IMG_2774_zpsdf0ac7ec.jpg

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I’ve had the lights in for about 2 weeks now, with no condensation so far. These are the best pics I can currently get, I love the look. Now time for Retroshop HIDs, and possibly putting my old ones for sale.

IMG_2751_zps4cacbe74.jpg

IMG_2774_zpsdf0ac7ec.jpg

Looks good man, nice job.

On a side note Wat are the rims you have? Where did u get them and how much?

OP
OP
Blainepaul36

Blainepaul36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good man, nice job.

On a side note Wat are the rims you have? Where did u get them and how much?

Thanks,
KMC Slides, got them from a local automotive shop, $3000 total. Wheels, Tires (305/35/24 Nitto 420S) and install

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
looks great!

As for the seal.....and I'm late to this party.....but butyl all the way. I use a few screws, nothing overly crazy - but it ensures that through the natural expanding and contracting of the butyl that everything stays where it needs to be. In the end, butyl will give you better seal, silicone will gas off a bit, and could leave a haze inside the lights.

OP
OP
Blainepaul36

Blainepaul36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks great!

As for the seal.....and I'm late to this party.....but butyl all the way. I use a few screws, nothing overly crazy - but it ensures that through the natural expanding and contracting of the butyl that everything stays where it needs to be. In the end, butyl will give you better seal, silicone will gas off a bit, and could leave a haze inside the lights.

Thanks!
After fighting with the butyl for about a day, it seemed impossible with the broken clips and other damage I cause opening them. I just went with the black silicone, doesn’t look to bad and seems to be holding up pretty well.