Stereo Overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcclintock89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stereo Overhaul | Kicker Upgrade | RBZ 430 | HDD Upgrade

Well, after a few months of listening to the stock stereo, this weekend I will be upgraded and I spent my tax return on a stereo overhaul. I bought the complete Kicker upgrade, amp/speakers/sub "the whole enchilada" as it's put on kicker's website. I also already have a 430RBZ radio installed, but it will be getting a hard drive upgrade after doing some initial testing with seek speeds and such. (despite reviews it's actually pretty quick and has a handy built in quick jump feature) Hoping to post pictures and some info for everybody after the install and a review.

Just for my creds to my future review/i've done countless installs of car stereos and have heard just about all of it, kicker, infinity, alpine, polk, mb quart, fosgate. I'm anxious to see how it turns out sounding! And I will deff let you guys all know.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Cool, let me know how you like it!

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice man....im slowly building mine...got my head unit installed...just installed the reae door speakers (kicker ks693) and im ordering my kicker dash speakers....just need to save up a little for the driver side and passenger side component and im all set. It sounds great already.

OP
OP
M

mcclintock89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, i'm just hoping everything gets in before the weekend, or even next weekend at that.... I ordered everything from Mopar Super Store and still haven't received a shipping notification, or any kind of notification for that matter....

OP
OP
M

mcclintock89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, found out a portion of my stuff will not be here and until next week. The subwoofer is not in stock so that wont get to the supplier until Friday, and then it will ship. The hard drive upgrade for the RBZ will be here this week though, so we can expect that portion of the write up.

OP
OP
M

mcclintock89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got everything installed finally. WOW. I was not expecting such a massive improvement in sound. Pictures to come in a bit. But it sounds very good for an "oem" kit.

Only problem is, I get interference from my HIDs. And I have the digital setup from retro... Hmmm

Sent from my LT26w using Tapatalk 2

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a RBZ in my 12' and can u shed some light on what u are doing to the hard drive?

OP
OP
M

mcclintock89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a RBZ in my 12' and can u shed some light on what u are doing to the hard drive?

I was planning on upgrading the hard drive on it. However, I got the replacement hard drive, and I'm going out on a limb, but the newer firmware and filesystem used by the headunit is not widely adapted yet, because I could get the drive to spin up, but no matter what I did or used, I was not able to read the drive. I even tried to read it with QNX and it would not read it. Needless to say, for the time being I wound up converting my music to WMA9.2 (much better quality than MP3 when compared bitrate to bitrate) 128kbps so I can at least hold a vast majority of my music on the hard drive. I'm probably going to wind up getting the ipod cables and such and go that route.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the base cd/am/fm in my 2010 sport...Would love to do the upgrade but my local dodge dealer sez $2200 tax inc...Not sure if its installed or not..Bit much...
was thinkin this Pioneer 10" Slim Subwoofer System (TS-SWX251) : 10" Subwoofers & Under - Future Shop

and this Infinity Reference 4-Channel Car Amplifier (475A) : 4+ Channel Amps - Future Shop

The amp can go under one of my front seats but the sub itself is 5 7/8 tall,18 3/4 long and 11 7/8 deep....not sure if that will fit under my seat..

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your dealer is crazy. I would never pay even $500 for the Mopar Kicker upgrade. You can get lots better gear for much less.