Sticky Rear Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 2018 Ram Crew right about the time winter weather was setting in so I did not actually test the sliding window or sunroof. We had a nice day last weekend so I thought I'd pop the rear slider open. It ****** and wiggled about half way and that was it. It did the same closing.

What does everyone use for lubing the window slides?

I was thinking silicone based lube.

Of course winter is back and it is snowing again with the window all iced up so not able to do anything right now but want to have what I need once ready.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought my 2018 Ram Crew right about the time winter weather was setting in so I did not actually test the sliding window or sunroof. We had a nice day last weekend so I thought I'd pop the rear slider open. It ****** and wiggled about half way and that was it. It did the same closing.

What does everyone use for lubing the window slides?

I was thinking silicone based lube.

Of course winter is back and it is snowing again with the window all iced up so not able to do anything right now but want to have what I need once ready.

I use a silicone based spray lubricant for most windows. I take my air nozzle and blow any dirt/dust out of the window track before lubricating the track.

For trucks that spend a lot of time in the snow or trucks from the Northeast I have used a silicone gel that comes in a tube like RTV and I take a small water color paint brush and I brush the silicone gel into the window track to provide continuous lubrication.

Bigpaul13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Found this video 2 years ago. My window was getting stuck and once it got moving, was sluggish. Once I cleaned the track and used the dry lube, it's been perfect ever since.

OP
OP
Scott S

Scott S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the tips!

I'm going to try a dry lube and see how it goes from there.....of course once the ice and snow has melted and I can actually open the window. It is stuck now with ice.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I just lubed mine yesterday.... Same thing, it would open about 2/3 of the way then slow down and wouldn't close. I used silicone based spray and it works better now, but noted that there were some small slices of rubber that came out of the top slot the glass slides in. Seems there might be something else going on there.