Subwoofer Install on Stock Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
So, my old vehicle I had for 12 years I had a W7 13 inch JL audio subwoofer with a 1500 watt d class amp. I removed it when I sold the truck, now I have a 2019 power wagon but the stereo is no where near what I used to have.

the door speakers become distorted at high volume and the subwoofer under the back seat is not that great either. Anyway,

I would like to figure out how to tie into my current stereo and add the subwoofer as well as the amp.

I am a lot older now and I’m not familiar with these new vehicles and neither am I familiar with these new car stereos like I once was.

Would anyone know how to tie into current stereo to add these additional add ons? I would also like to add a amp to the door speakers. Any info on this would be great, easiest way possible.

additional info, I do not have the 12inch screen because I didn’t want the issues that came with it since it was new tech. But the current system is alpine.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. I need to know if you have factory amplifier under the dash board driver side or if you have a module that look like a factory amplifier under the driver seat.

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ok. I need to know if you have factory amplifier under the dash board driver side or if you have a module that look like a factory amplifier under the driver seat.

Ok so I had time tear into it today, the amp must be in the dash because it is not under the seats. There is a plug in for the subwoofer that is already under the rear seat, could I possibly tie into that to for signal?

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I had time tear into it today, the amp must be in the dash because it is not under the seats. There is a plug in for the subwoofer that is already under the rear seat, could I possibly tie into that to for signal?
Yes. You can. But you need the signal to turn the amp on. At least that you have a amp that turn on by voltage or signal sense like kicker. Anyway. The amp should be under the driver dash. You need to disables the microphones for the ANC "Active Noice cancelling" to avoid noise rumblering when you add the aftermarket subwoofer.

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yes. You can. But you need the signal to turn the amp on. At least that you have a amp that turn on by voltage or signal sense like kicker. Anyway. The amp should be under the driver dash. You need to disables the microphones for the ANC "Active Noice cancelling" to avoid noise rumblering when you add the aftermarket subwoofer.

I cannot find the ANC unit anywhere, it’s not under the seats

Last edited:

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I finally got the time to tear down into this today,

2 questions- I cannot find the ANC unit anywhere, it’s not under the seats unless it’s hid under the carpet which I assume is possible, so it must be in the dash and dam what a job that will be? So where do you think it is?

second question, I bought a LC2i to grab off the two back door speakers To covert to my sub, it says I need a constant 12 volt, would you grab the constant 12 volt directly off the battery or the fuse box?

I bought 4 JBL 6x9s from crutchfield and 3 JBL speakers for the dash. Basically an entire speaker system swap from the old alpine setup, it says the 6x9s will not fit in the front, but with a spacer I think they will.
Ok. If is not under the driver seat check for a factory amplifier left of the steering wheel column under the dash driver side. If is there you need to cut 4 wires. Check if front doors is just bass or full range.

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I found it in another thread, I’m just going to disconnect the mics in the headliner.

to follow up on the earlier question, would you get the 12 volt directly off the battery for the LC2i?

GWillings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ok. If is not under the driver seat check for a factory amplifier left of the steering wheel column under the dash driver side. If is there you need to cut 4 wires. Check if front doors is just bass or full range.
In todays day and age there is ZERO reason to cut any of your stock wires. Doing so can void your warranty as well. Telling people to do this is just bad info.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Factory amp or ANC? I used a PAC device and it didnt work because i didnt have a factory amp. Im researching, but non amped vehicles should beable to line level

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just an update on this,

2019 power wagon with alpine system

I installed this today, took around 4 hrs.

2 sets of Kenwood KFC-6986PS (4 speakers) front and rear doors

JBL Club 322F dash speakers

T-Spec V10-AK4 Wire for amp and subwoofers

AudioControl LC2i (Black)

Metra HWP-0001

Metra 72-7902 Speaker Wiring Adapter

Metra 72-6515 Speaker Wiring Adapter

Here are some photos below on how everything looked and some examples on how to Splice into your stock speakers for the LC2i easily.

1C6011EA-D5A4-4AA1-9FB7-2977E69145E2.jpeg
If you pop your center panel off you can unplug your harness to your back door speakers and splice into them here.
4DF1F0B2-09C8-46D3-90FB-54E6AA927709.jpeg ADD28FF3-9802-40CE-A19A-8B1B065E8726.jpeg

The door speakers were really deep but they fit well and I didn’t not have to modify the screws to make them fit.
75C5BBA4-96A1-49E4-8EA5-1B5E7EAF2C47.jpegThe front dash speakers cover snaps in and out of place. Here is an example on how to do it without scratching.

6F3F04D5-D98E-4CAF-87A4-446C0B3A198E.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
78A52495-8D6D-4C04-93A5-B6745AE51501.png C7013A03-FF1B-4077-9E08-BADDCD6DB3CE.png 020E7C31-6F5F-4AE6-B21E-503A3CFDB09F.png

here are the diagrams for the rear speakers if you need it to add a subwoofer.

The old speakers all said “made in China” no wonder they sucked!!!!

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an update on this,

2019 power wagon with alpine system

I installed this today, took around 4 hrs.

2 sets of Kenwood KFC-6986PS (4 speakers) front and rear doors

JBL Club 322F dash speakers

T-Spec V10-AK4 Wire

JL audio-12 w7 Subwoofer and ported box

1500 watt JL audio d class amp.

AudioControl LC2i (Black)

Metra HWP-0001

Metra 72-7902 Speaker Wiring Adapter

Metra 72-6515 Speaker Wiring Adapter

Here are some photos below on how everything looked and some examples on how to Splice into your stock speakers for the LC2i easily.

View attachment 222522
If you pop your center panel off you can unplug your harness to your back door speakers and splice into them here.
View attachment 222523 View attachment 222524

The door speakers were really deep but they fit well and I didn’t not have to modify the screws to make them fit.
View attachment 222525The front dash speakers cover snaps in and out of place. Here is an example on how to do it without scratching.

View attachment 222521

Did you splice right off the merta speaker adapter.? That would make sense. You do both sides or just one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Did you splice right off the merta speaker adapter.? That would make sense. You do both sides or just one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spliced both sides at the center door panel, I did not splice off the merta because there was no way to run the wires back through the door into the truck without some drilling and mods which I wasn’t going to cut up a new truck. Once I found the diagram online, I found it was easier to locate the colors inside the panel between the doors.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spliced both sides at the center door panel, I did not splice off the merta because there was no way to run the wires back through the door into the truck without some drilling and mods which I wasn’t going to cut up a new truck. Once I found the diagram online, I found it was easier to locate the colors inside the panel between the doors.

Where did you get the 12v constant for the line converter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I don’t have a factory amplifier, I got the basic ***** sound system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I kept my factory amp and factory sub.. but I added an additional amp and subwoofer. I was able to grab my positive and negative off the JL audio amp.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I kept my factory amp and factory sub.. but I added an additional amp and subwoofer. I was able to grab my positive and negative off the JL audio amp.

Can you take more pictures of your final connections if not to late?

Did you need any added devices? Or just line level?