Sun roof.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has any one try transplanting a sun roof from one rig to one that doesn't come with it? Stock or after market?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I personally would hire a shop to do that...you gotta be SPOT on with your cuts and measurements to make a successful install that wont leak. drilling into your cab roof for cab lights is one thing...cutting a 30x15 inch or however big a hole in your roof is a whole different situation.

OP
OP
E

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a engineering degree. So measuring and cutting wouldn't be a problem. Just wonder if anyone has done one, where they got, and measurements. Smoke did you get wet today? I flooded bad, 3 inches and it will be in my house. Storms suck!!!!!!!!

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah man, water is ankle deep in the inlaws yard and they sprung a roof leak. I came home to our ceiling leaking too, but thank God it was only the drip pan for our AC full...

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly...10 minutes and a shop vac dried up my problem...my inaws however, not so lucky. We crawled up there and tarped the roof, and found a REALLY soft spot about 4 foot wide. I assume it's some rotted plywood. It's a mobile home too, I told them rather than reroofing it, throw a roof over on.

OP
OP
E

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Steel roofing. The same problem a little back with my grandpas place. Throw on over exiting and no problem. CL has alot of people selling.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a guy on here with a 09 R/T(his name on here is similar to that) that had one installed for like $800 or $900