Super Bright LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That is where I get all mine. I had 19 SMD in the reverse until I got my new tail lights, now they are in my cargo lights. Then for the plate lights I just have the 1 SMD bulbs. And with two of them they are plenty bright for a license plate light.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got mine from there as well, though I paid significantly more.. You may like his better lol. But for what it's worth, these are the ones I got for the reverse lights (non factory led brake lights) no issues or dash lights.
e3028d52b2999ced31fba0bf6de11310.jpg
I don't know if these will fit the cargo lights.. They're pretty long.

IMO
They fit in the cargo, that's what I have in mine. I originally bought them for the reverse lights but once I saw how the lens on the end was oriented once installed, I decided they were better suited to the cargo lights.

They will not fit in the license plate lights.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They fit in the cargo, that's what I have in mine. I originally bought them for the reverse lights but once I saw how the lens on the end was oriented once installed, I decided they were better suited to the cargo lights.

They will not fit in the license plate lights.

Could you elaborate more on "how the lens on the end was oriented"?

IMO

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Could you elaborate more on "how the lens on the end was oriented"?

IMO
Sure...

On that particular bulb there is a projector-like lens integrated into the bulb. When installed in the reverse light housing that lens points up and toward the reflector housing on top. If installed in the cargo light, the integrated lens points straight back towards the bed of the truck.

Using my mark one eyeball measurements, there was absolutely no difference in output in either housing, but I felt better knowing the lens was "projecting" in the cargo light housing.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So, I'm asking because I didn't notice that.. Do you think I would have better light output if I use a different style led in the reverse light?

IMO

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I'm asking because I didn't notice that.. Do you think I would have better light output if I use a different style led in the reverse light?

IMO
No, I have cheap (but good and bright) Cutequeen bulbs from Amazon in mine. I bought the bulb you referenced in an attempt to improve the output after tinting the front windows (35% tint). I installed one and activated the reverse lights. There was zero observable difference in output, but to be fair the super brights had far fewer individual diodes than the Cutequeens so it was doing more with less. Both are good options for that particular housing/reflector.

I ended up installing LED pods near the spare tire for additional reverse lights.

5hole

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Cree led from retrosolutions in my reverse and are very bright. I had a set from superbright but the cree led are so much better.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up installing LED pods near the spare tire for additional reverse lights.

Yea...I tried quite a few different led bulbs for reverse before I just made the decision to add pods.

No bulbs will compare to the pods.

It really is like a final solution.

dereck56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Led on 2016

Has any one tried getting the can bus led for a 2016 ram. If so did you get any error codes?