Surging Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had this surging (constantly speeding up/slowing down) issue with both my CC and ACC ever since I bought the truck. Of course with no code, dealer wasn't helpful.

Over on the HD Forum someone posted this TSB which they stated seemed to fix the issue.

I had it done earlier this week and finally took a long drive and I can say that it does indeed fix the constant surging the truck was doing when using the CC or the ACC making for a maddening experience.

The TSB is specifically for the FCW... read the TSB and only provide them with the Symptoms/Conditions mentioned. I even handed them the TSB to save time... took about an hour to re-flash the system.

My dealer was nice enough to do the TSB for free even though I was out of the warranty period.

Attachments

• 08-149-21.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I use the cruise constantly... and have not experienced the problem. That leads me to believe it may be exclusive to units with the Adaptive Cruise and Foward Collision Warning, and I have neither.