Switch Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Okay, I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to electrical stuff on vehicles especially in the audio department. But this one I can't seem to get my head wrapped around how to achieve what I want.
What I am wanting to do is add accent lighting under the hood and in the engine bay but want it to be connected to a switch so the lights are only on with the hood open.
I have looked at hood pins but they have a single spade connection. Not sure how I would wire this. Anyone have any ideas or similar installs that they can give me a direction to go?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe you run the hot to the lights then the ground goes from the lights to the hood pin so that when you opened the hood it completes the ground and the lights go on.

OP
OP
audiophile

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I believe you run the hot to the lights then the ground goes from the lights to the hood pin so that when you opened the hood it completes the ground and the lights go on.
I will try that. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk