Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nah I doubt you did any appreciable damage if any. There's other factors to thrust washers wearing out like how often the changed the oil, what oil they're using, etc. or just a defect in the metallurgy...

Also I would think your copper levels in UOAs would be through the roof with a thrust washer wear...

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Were those goodyears good for a while, then showed issues? I have about 5000 miles on my duratracs and appear to wear evenly (have not chalk tested them). I now have a slight vibration that comes and goes. I feel its tire related (possibly lost a weight). I plan to get them road force balanced to see if that shows anything. I also feel it may be something driveline related. Getting that looked at soon as well. If the roadforce balancer were to show a bad tire, what are the odds of getting goodyear to warranty them?

All the Goodyear failures I've had were on performance street tires without hitting potholes or really any conditions you would expect to damage a low profile street tire. If you looked at the sidewalls you could see the broken belts which was concerning. Some had issues inside 500 miles like the stockers on my Challenger, but others were fine for several thousand miles before they started showing issues.

Every more aggressive truck tire I've had has come out of balance in the 1st couple thousand miles quickly and usually after that they're fine. Typically I'll have them road force balanced the 1st couple of times and then after that they seem to do fine with spin balancing (Getting roadforce means driving an hour to the nearest Discount). I haven't had any issues getting out of rounds warrantied by Discount or other vendors in the past.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Finally got a hot day that i could drive for a good 40 min on the highway. This is in regards to the trans thermal bypass removal.

This was the highest it got at the end of the 40min drive.

Normally this would be 172 on the money. So basically 35 degrees less at full opp temp in Michigan summers. M

Kyle happy[emoji847].
Thanks AGAIN!! To Corey for finding this, Jeff for the install video and to all you other bum’s that were involved. .... well besides Ron, he’s just full of hot air[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji6]

7df7b6ac0c0104d5e2dd222191d12092.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Finally got a hot day that i could drive for a good 40 min on the highway. This is in regards to the trans thermal bypass removal.

This was the highest it got at the end of the 40min drive.

Normally this would be 172 on the money. So basically 35 degrees less at full opp temp in Michigan summers. M

Kyle happy[emoji847].
Thanks AGAIN!! To Corey for finding this, Jeff for the install video and to all you other bum’s that were involved. .... well besides Ron, he’s just full of hot air[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji6]

7df7b6ac0c0104d5e2dd222191d12092.jpg

Pulled my 10320# in 85* weather the other day, it was only for 20-30 mins, but it only got to 156*. Easily would have been 178-182, well worth it! Thanks Corey for finding it!

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40, Softopper
Black Rhino Armory 18x9 +12mm
Cooper St MAXX LT295/70R18

2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Amsoil SS 4 Qts 5W-30 and 3 Qts 0W-40
1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 Amsoil SS 5W-30

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
And I said **** it and used T/H mode on my way home.

Ill risk it

been using TH since 2011 and will keep using till I or the truck dies, I dont care. Not using it puts trans at risk with low rpm shudder., granted not a problem anymore with c+. And the rub is using TH puts more pressure on OEM VB plate, I accept that risk as well. I don't know anything about a thrust bearing, is that part lubricated with engine oil? If so I trust redline to take care of it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
What else is a thrust bearing called? where is it?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
been using TH since 2011 and will keep using till I or the truck dies, I dont care. Not using it puts trans at risk with low rpm shudder., granted not a problem anymore with c+. And the rub is using TH puts more pressure on OEM VB plate, I accept that risk as well. I don't know anything about a thrust bearing, is that part lubricated with engine oil? If so I trust redline to take care of it.

Thrust bearing is there to stop the forward and backward movement of a shaft (as if the shaft is trying to move parallel with itself) versus up-and-down movement that you would think with a bearing that you are used to seeing

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
One more thing to look up, I will look it up and consider what you said, but I don't see how TH would affect that. I guess I need to see how prevelant the issue is, I believe your guy too. Maybe now with redline c+ I don't need TH, lately I have been forgetting to use it and don't really notice. The c+ must add more cushion in the clutch packs, is my thinking. I wonder if it is permanant, or as fluid degrades shudder will come back.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
One more thing to look up, I will look it up and consider what you said, but I don't see how TH would affect that. I guess I need to see how prevelant the issue is, I believe your guy too.

I think he was getting pretty deep in technicalities when telling me that. I bet it’s a pretty uncommon issue but what he said is a fact that engine braking does put different stresses on the thrust bearings.

It totally makes sense

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Any time you are accelerating or decelerating there is thrust on the crank, just in opposite directions. In most engines, the center main bearing has the thrust faces on it, but that can vary. It is a plain bearing surface with a corresponding surface on the crank that it works against. There are also thrust bearings in the transmission. If driving around in T/H is going to grenade an engine, I have bought the wrong engine.

BTW, big truck diesels have enormously thick thrust bearings that can be separate pieces. Imagine the thrust when you throw the Jakes on HIGH at 80,000 lbs gross weight.

Photo showing main/thrust at rear of stack:

cle-ms829h_w.jpg

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Any time you are accelerating or decelerating there is thrust on the crank, just in opposite directions. In most engines, the center main bearing has the thrust faces on it, but that can vary. It is a plain bearing surface with a corresponding surface on the crank that it works against. There are also thrust bearings in the transmission. If driving around in T/H is going to grenade an engine, I have bought the wrong engine.

BTW, big truck diesels have enormously thick thrust bearings that can be separate pieces. Imagine the thrust when you throw the Jakes on HIGH at 80,000 lbs gross weight.

Photo showing main/thrust at rear of stack:

cle-ms829h_w.jpg

Good post sir.

One of the engines in question was a ford V10

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Are Not to tires in the same class as Toyo or a lesser quality ? Thanks

Depends on the tire, application, driving habits,IMO

Every tire is different from both of them.

Each tire is designed for a specific application, uses a different compounds so they’re all going to perform differently.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

Each tire is designed for a specific application, uses a different compounds so they’re all going to perform differently.

Same can be said about motor oil.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Thanks to auto correct it didn't say Nitto tires.