Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 162 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,003 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 665 23.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
SRT 0W-40: No longer available on Amazon!
Looks like I'm definitely going back to M1 or Amsoil!

Sick of this Crap! Was fixing to buy another case for my summer oil change!

which M1 or amsoil? tsk

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
SRT 0W-40: No longer available on Amazon!
Looks like I'm definitely going back to M1 or Amsoil!

Sick of this Crap! Was fixing to buy another case for my summer oil change!

What is up with Pennzoil? Their highest level offerings can't be found anywhere.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
O'Reilly has been advertising Pennzoil synthetics pretty heavily. I was able to get PUP at my local O'Reilly when did my first change. I have Amsoil already for my next change. If I go there for something else I will see if they have PUP and report back.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What is up with Pennzoil? Their highest level offerings can't be found anywhere.

In my opinion the doing one of two things.

They are either buying time with this PUP oil because they're developing something else that's going to replace it.

Or they have it in so well with the car manufactures that they're trying to get everybody to buy direct from them by making it the only place you can find it. It would be huge win win for both of them.

it cannot be supply problem unless Pennzoil themself are having issues.
Mobile 1 has been doing gas to lube process for a while and they're on the shelves of all auto parts stores all the time.

Just a guess.

EDIT:

Maybe one of three things. They could be phasing out ultra platinum and going to just platinum only as it is selling pretty well by itself

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well something is up with it that's for sure ?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
In my opinion the doing one of two things.

They are either buying time with this PUP oil because they're developing something else that's going to replace it.

Or they have it in so well with the car manufactures that they're trying to get everybody to buy direct from them by making it the only place you can find it. It would be huge win win for both of them.

it cannot be supply problem unless Pennzoil themself are having issues.
Mobile 1 has been doing gas to lube process for a while and they're on the shelves of all auto parts stores all the time.

Just a guess.

EDIT:

Maybe one of three things. They could be phasing out ultra platinum and going to just platinum only as it is selling pretty well by itself

Let me clerify that it would be a win-win profit wise if we were all stupid enough to buy from the dealer. In the real world they're going to lose out big time if that is their plan.

The dealer just told me I had to file a warranty claim because one of my tailgate cables was shorter than the other I asked them to replace one of them for me to make them the same. I can get a new pair of performance automotive for 20 bucks and save the hassle.

Screw the dealer and their appointments and warranty claims for a ******* tailgate strip

pcschwenke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought PUP for my 6.4l 3500 $2.00 cheaper per quart than I can buy it on Amazon.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
FYI,

Amsoil is doing free shipping on orders over $100 for preferd customers.

just wanted to share. SS 0w40 for $8.60 and free shipping ...... here i come:favorites13:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Gena: Has been quoted many times.
Stating that Shell/Pennzoil has NO future plans of discontinuing the Ultra.
M1=PP M1 EP=PUP
Pennzoils distribution Team is totally incompetent when it comes to their Flagship Oil!
Which is plum A$$ inexcusable!

Do I believe Gena? She will only tells us what we want too hear. She has never stated why their distribution of PUP is so horrific. Only that we can buy it from Amazon @ Ridiculously high prices & WM.com which is always out of stock.

I myself have No Obligation to keep looking all over He11s creation for their product. My time is way more valuable. Even though I really like their Flagship Oil.

I myself am moving on! I hate it but it is what it is!
Just me: But I will never pay $100 for oil just to get Free Shipping.

I agree with you about not looking for ultra platinum anymore. I have 6 quarts in my basement ready for my wife's next oil change and that's the last I'll buy.

Never pay $100...?

I just ordered some for a few oil changes. You're not paying any more for the oil...... Just buy more at once and stocking up.

In the end it all adds up to a good price.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not really sweating the PUP availability right now , I'll be pouring in my( 1rst oci for the Penzoil program ) of pup 5W-30 in about 2 months , and then again in late October or early November.
Hopefully in May of 2018 the PUP will be more available , but hey if it's not No Worries I'll just go right back to REDLINE 5W-30

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it really boils down to PUP just isn't that profitable for Pennzoil. It's a very robust oil that probably costs a good amount more than PP to produce. Most people just grab PP and call it a day. People like us want the PUP.

But then again I can find M1 and M1 EP just about anywhere and it's always in stock on Amazon. So if Mobil can do it why can't Pennzoil?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It's nothing new, we don't need to beat it into the ground. Let's just see what happens over the next year or two as far as distribution of PUP. I see you can still get it on Amazon and ebay. The stuff is great oil, one of a few choices you can get that really is putting out good numbers.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another Redline Hemi tick success story!

These Redline / Hemi tick reduction & elimination stories are on many different boards and Forums all over the Web ....hell maybe REDLINE 5W-30 with a High Molly content is really a thing ??

BBB aka ( Big Bad Burla ) was preaching this nonsense here over two years ago .

And I thought he was just ANOTHER Redline Enthusiasts? ??

Turns out o'l BBB is a borderline genius ! Keyword being ( borderline ) ha ha I'm mean ...have you seen that guy

7f1448e733d24f0cd3ddf6b78a174b0e.jpg

Yep , that pretty much explains the BBB story ....

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The guys on the board made it happen. If all those guys with Hemi tick poopoed running a hundred dollar oil change, we wouldn't know what we know now. I still am old school in most things, but it is a fact that simply changing your oil brand CAN help some mechanical issues. Something the board has taught me. I would have never said that unless we had the around 20 success stories of Hemi tick and Redline. 395's experience was incredible as well, I went straight to Redline and have used nothing else. He actually tried other oils like Amsoil SS, and his engine was still knocking around, back to Redline for him and so far it has been quite since? So brother I'll take an ounce of credit, but we have had gallons of experience that made this happen. Too bad it seams like Redline inc never took note of what happened here.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep my Hemi is as quiet and smooth as ever on 30wt Redline

So far this is the longest I've ran RL at 3400 miles and it's still nice and quiet on cold starts and at hot idle. Both cold start and hot idle I had ticking and now I only have a VERY minor tick at hot idle. You essentially have to stick your head in the wheel well to hear it.

Cold starts are whisper quiet even after my truck has sat for a week or more in 20* weather.

Couldn't be happier with RL.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
LOL Burla talked me into Redline probably closer to 3 years ago,damn stuff makes your ass pucker at purchase,but i'm a believer in Redline these days ,all because of BBB :naughty: