Votes: 396 14.3%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 992 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 660 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The importance of using good-quality oil in an engine cannot be overstated. AMSOIL synthetic motor oils consistently outperform conventional and other synthetic oils in virtually every category of performance, including wear protection, extreme high- and low-temperature performance, foam control, viscosity retention, rust and corrosion protection, volatility and fuel economy. While other brands may provide good performance in some of these areas, AMSOIL synthetic motor oils consistently perform at the top in every category. Drivers can have confidence knowing that AMSOIL synthetic motor oils provide maximum performance and protection.
Every new engine I change out at 1500-3000 then run AMSOIL. Amsoil is the only Synthetic motor oil in the industy with a "Guaranteed" 25,000 mile / 1yr drain interval.

I am an Independent Dealer for Amsoil. I run it in everything I have.

Two one post shills in a row, I guess we know which oil company has the best marketing teams.

SirScottland

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
Can someone link me something supporting this Amsoil claim? I can't seem to find anything with Amsoil test reports or reviews...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FamRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully '13 or '14
Engine
most likely 3.6
I have run it in all my vehicles for the last 20 years. No issues whatsoever, and I have zero sludge in my engines. I use signature series, change the filters every 12,500, and the oil gets a full change at 35,000. MPG is better than EPA estimates, unless I drive like Mario Andretti.
My wifes RAV4 was getting 23 MPG hwy switched it to signature series on the first change I did, and she has been getting 28 mpg for the last 6 years we have been together...I also serviced the transaxle with Full synthetic ATF.
My Magnum SXT gets 27 MPG, epa rated it at 23 I think.
Amsoil stands behind their products 100%
I know of one case, where they were having issues with their Toyota Oil filters that were mounted inverted. I think the issue was with the bypass valve, and caused a failure. Amsoil had the engine replaced at a Toyota dealership on their dime, payed for a rental while the vehicle was down, and the customer never had to leave their house. They sent a flatbed to pick up the vehicle for repairs, then had it dropped off. Rental car company deliverd and picked up the rental.
Back of the vehicle was loaded with Amsoil products specific for the vehicle, and there was a 2 year supply of the recommended MAN replacement oil filters for the vehicle as well.

SirScottland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds good..... Next thing, that stuff isn't available anywhere near me. :-(

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any Amsoil dealer should be willing to drop-ship to you as well.
Most of us don't stock everything and have to bring it in from the nearest warehouse, so shipping is shipping and doesn't matter where to.

FamRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully '13 or '14
Engine
most likely 3.6
Any Amsoil dealer should be willing to drop-ship to you as well.
Most of us don't stock everything and have to bring it in from the nearest warehouse, so shipping is shipping and doesn't matter where to.

Yup, he should have his order in a day or 2.....it would ship from Las Vegas, unless the local dealer has what he needs.

SirScottland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet thanks guys!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I have always used mobile1 in my trucks and cars but I think with my new RAM I'm gonna go with Amsoil. I'm still driving on the factory oil that the truck came with, only 1900 miles on it. Getting ready to do the first oil change. Thinking of switching my wife Camaro over to Amsoil as well.

After reading post, after post, and article, after article, it seems that Amsoil is the way to go for those of us that choose to have only the best!

Last edited:

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone know the difference between amsoil oe synthetic line and their signature synthetic seriers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

My understanding is the Signature Series is a 100% synthetic Group 4 oil. The OE series is a Group 3 or "full synthetic" that still has some petroleum products in it, comparable to Mobil 1.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Looked up a couple of ****** oil Analysis on redline and Amsoil. the biggest difference I can see is redline has 10 times the Molly which is a beneficial friction modifier. Google VOA on redline and Amsoil and they are all the same, Redline has much more Molly in every analysis. Molybdenum is only 60PPM in Amsoil, it is 818 in the Redline. There are few additives that guard against metal on metal contact like Molly. ZDDP (zinc) is the other, but it is hard on the catalytic converter and Molly isn't. Royal Purle had double Amsoil but still much less then redline.

VOA Redline

VOA Amsoil

royal purle

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I found this UOA on a car with about 100k on it and no suprises here. The guy did the analysis 3 oil changes Amsoil and 3 Redline, as you can see either is about the perfect oil. My only problem with the guy is why the heck is he changing the oil so soon, his used oil reads better then most new oils.

Si-Redline5w305005milesUOA.jpg

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My guess is he's changing them that quick just for the sake of time. Amsoil Signature Series is supposedly good for 25,000 miles. I don't know about Redline. I don't know if this is a normal guy that's doing this in his car that he drives, or what, but if so it would take a while to run full life comparisons on extended drain oils.

FamRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully '13 or '14
Engine
most likely 3.6
my guess is he's changing them that quick just for the sake of time. Amsoil signature series is supposedly good for 25,000 miles. I don't know about redline. I don't know if this is a normal guy that's doing this in his car that he drives, or what, but if so it would take a while to run full life comparisons on extended drain oils.

yup, 25000 for signature.

rammedifiknow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
M1

been using mobil 1 for all my bikes, sleds, cars, and trucks. it is the official Ferrari, corvette, and viper factory oil. nuff said! :winner_second_h4h:

WilCon76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone using other brands? Kendall GT 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Quaker State Ultimate Durability feedback. Haven't done much with oils lately as most of my last few vehicles the dealers were so hard up for sales they threw them in for the life of the vehicle. This one I did not get and so I once again care about how much they cost, how often and what I put in there. I also care more about this one than the others as they were econo boxes.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
^^^^

There are a lot of good oils out there that aren't listed or even known. But there are a lot of oils that are flat out dangerous and shouldn't even be used. The absolute best way to choose an oil is to run one you like and do a used oil analysis on it, for 25 bucks it will let you know how it is working in your individual engine. The second best way to choose an oil is research many used oil analysis's that are on the internet, mostly over on BITOG, but the third best way to choose an oil is to check out PQIA.

Hornet

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LMAO,well Burla you convinced me,i hunted up a local Redline dealer .
When i change over to synthetic,i'll be going with your reconmendations on oil
Rick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota