Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Better questions is for no more than what it costs and the time required, why would anybody wait till 60k to change the diff fluid?? Let alone put it of till 100k, that's just insanity.

But who wants to guess how many vehicles are out there that have never had diffs or trans fluid changed..... ever.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Crispy bourbon, not real fruity like Nobb Creek or the Irish stuff, not rot gut like Jack, but smooth real corny bourbon taste, just a little hot I think 100 proof. I used to think it was my secret, until fricking Costco picked it up, sunofa. Bunch of 4x4's had a whiskey club going on for a bit, this is my favorite that I have tried.

I don't disagree with this guy except on the score. One dimensional for sure, crispy bourbon taste. Sweet pure taste, not much more, that is why I like it.

When i look back at the list i have made of the different bottles i have tried its eye opening. Granted it hass been a 4 year conquest but i had to slow down a little. I have had MANY different ones. Never one the same.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Got any favorites? I more like sipping whiskey as opposed to drinking whiskey. I haven't drank more then double in years.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Better questions is for no more than what it costs and the time required, why would anybody wait till 60k to change the diff fluid?? Let alone put it of till 100k, that's just insanity.

But who wants to guess how many vehicles are out there that have never had diffs or trans fluid changed..... ever.

Millions never get changed and how many diff failures does a shop see. Almost none. They will usually outlast the vehicle itself. I don't think 60K for a truck that is a DD and tows a few times a year would be a problem. Every used vehicle I have bought so far had 60K on it at least and the diffs were never serviced.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why does the other oil thread have like 10 votes or more with one day handles with less then 5 posts all voting Amsoil, lol? Funny

Great marketing idea, pump up numbers to make other members think that is what everyone is using, lol. I wonder why they stopped at 10. 6 more and you can overtake the golden egg. Well in internet votes not formula, that battle was over long ago. Seams like the same thing with the presidential polls, fake news. Better to fake it then make it. I want to buy stock in Amsoil, they are just smarter at marketing then like everyone else.
Blah blah blah

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah but, you can never account for water intrusion in a stock diff unless you tubed it. Agreed, it can last a long time, but not if it is contaminated.

Last edited:

MooseKitchen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Got any favorites? I more like sipping whiskey as opposed to drinking whiskey. I haven't drank more then double in years.
I just polished off a bottle of Glenmorangie La Santa last night. It took about 6 weeks, but I enjoyed it. Then again, I am a single malt scotch guy

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MooseKitchen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So y'all are telling me that changing the diff oil every 30k is something that I should do despite not towing or hauling, but being utilized as a daily driver in mountainous conditions? Add that to the spark plug routine?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So y'all are telling me that changing the diff oil every 30k is something that I should do despite not towing or hauling, but being utilized as a daily driver in mountainous conditions? Add that to the spark plug routine?

Let's put it this way, it never hurts to change any automotive fluid early. It does hurt to not change it enough...

MooseKitchen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Let's put it this way, it never hurts to change any automotive fluid early. It does hurt to not change it enough...
I agree. 30k seems really soon to me. It goes against everything I have known. Not saying you're wrong, but rather stating what has been taught to me.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I just polished off a bottle of Glenmorangie La Santa last night. It took about 6 weeks, but I enjoyed it. Then again, I am a single malt scotch guy

Glen fiddick is always in my cabinet, don't know if that is related. Hits like pear juice.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I think guys are seeing the same thing and doing the same thing. The 140w is foaming. However, we should do some work as a forum on this kinda like we did with hemi tick. Maybe some 140's have better pour point depressants or something and don't foam, or we need to find out if 75w90 stays foamless. looking forward to your assessment on amsoil 140.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could it be that older fluid foams less because it's broken down more? If you watch YouTube videos on diff fluid changes, the fluid that's black and completely spent has no foam

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
yes in theory if it shears down that much, but I'm not sure they do. Need to see some uoas. I looked up one, no mention of finishing visc.

MooseKitchen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ok wait a minute. 75w 140 or 75w 90 in the diff?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Everyone is on their own on this one, I'm not saying it is ok to run different weights. I will be using 75w90 redline, unless it foams then I will go m1. Tomorrow I will see what the factory oil is doing.