Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 995 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
That's the same color as my wife's, she'll like it. It's a nice color that's darker but not a dark blue/black level of upkeep. It's pearl too so it changes hue depending on the angle.

You can get the Limited trim (which is ironically the mid level trim) very nicely equipped. My wife's 2020 Limited has everything in it except the active cruise control and top of the line sound system. It was priced way below the Summit trimmed GCs and had 95% of what they had. Only thing I wish we had got on it is a trailer hitch.

But she's happy with it so that's what matters[emoji106]dbfe6cc05aa643476540578f9c95614b.jpgc92551cb5d936f5b7a438b928949cf2b.jpg5a50140d91ba1c021394188944975a39.jpg

Yeap thats the color we are after, I found a used Limited X model I am also tring to get the wife to go look at as well thats Slate blue also.
Just trying to decide if it might be a better bang for the buck to buy a used one with 11k or a new one so I have to get some hard numbers from them.

PumpkinStealer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all, been awhile since I've been in here. I was just changing my plugs and had some what looks like oil but a little sticky on the threads of the even number plugs on each side (closest to back of truck on each pair). Any ideas what might be going on? Truck was running just fine with no issues.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeap thats the color we are after, I found a used Limited X model I am also tring to get the wife to go look at as well thats Slate blue also.
Just trying to decide if it might be a better bang for the buck to buy a used one with 11k or a new one so I have to get some hard numbers from them.

Yup, gotta play the game with them. Sometimes the new ones cost less than the slightly used ones, all depends on their incentives and rebates.

I hate buying new vehicles. I hate the games, I hate the haggling, etc.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all, been awhile since I've been in here. I was just changing my plugs and had some what looks like oil but a little sticky on the threads of the even number plugs on each side (closest to back of truck on each pair). Any ideas what might be going on? Truck was running just fine with no issues.

Hey!

So is it on the upper threads of the spark plugs or the lower? Depending on that it could be oil seeping down the spark plug holes from the valve cover...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Could be pressure pushing the oil down the threads, check PCV valve. Wouldn't expect that on a 2017 maybe, but it happens. I'd do PCV anyhow at this point. Have a pic?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Looks like the oil is being pushed all the way down, like I said maybe pcv. The bottom 3 threads looks like oil from my eyes. Have you seen condition of throttle body as well? Maybe for some reason you have a lot of gunk going through pcv causing the issue, would also make that throttle body gunky until the pcv was clogged, if that is what happened.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It's good you said something, oil on that spot plus 8 plugs, just doesn't make a lot of sense. Good call and good catch imo.

PumpkinStealer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like the oil is being pushed all the way down, like I said maybe pcv. The bottom 3 threads looks like oil from my eyes. Have you seen condition of throttle body as well? Maybe for some reason you have a lot of gunk going through pcv causing the issue, would also make that throttle body gunky until the pcv was clogged, if that is what happened.

TB is clean as a whistle. I also run a catch can which I would think would help that. I also changed the pcv valve at about 50,000 mi and am now at 95,000. I am thinking/hoping maybe it happened awhile ago from something and then just sat. Maybe when I change oil next (having luck with QSUD + lubeguard) I'll pull one and see how it looks.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it pop anything on the dash when you do this?

I'm all about free lol
Yes the little yellow "A" stays lit up but its small enough to where it kind of blends in and is not that noticeable at least it doesn't seem to bother my ole lady. I don't know if you have that U connect app that shows the vehicles status and what not but it doesn't show up on that either(that its disconnected), its shows all systems as NORMAL.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes the little yellow "A" stays lit up but its small enough to where it kind of blends in and is not that noticeable at least it doesn't seem to bother my ole lady. I don't know if you have that U connect app that shows the vehicles status and what not but it doesn't show up on that either(that its disconnected), its shows all systems as NORMAL.
Cool thanks I'll try it[emoji106]

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will get that "start/stop system unavailable" message every time you start it up but it goes away after a few seconds and doesn't come back again until the next restart.
Ok cool thanks. Hopefully my wife will be ok with that. I would be, but that's me[emoji849]

PumpkinStealer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Small update. Running QSUD + Lubeguard biotech I am starting to get a slight startup tick the goes away after a minute or two at 9,100 mi into the change (96,000 mi total). I planned on changing the oil this weekend or next depending on when my Lubeguard gets in and when I feeling like running to pick up oil and can update again then. It never has been quite as smooth as redline but seems close enough to warrant the price savings.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my oil sample results today. Says my iron content is a little high, a little higher than the result which was from an oil change ago but there has been a lot of idling- warmups in the morning and in the evening as usual. There’s also a lot of short trips on this interval too. Hardly any long trips. Well, there’s some but primarily time has been spent driving just too and from work and I only have about 2 miles from home to work.

It’s funny how they suggest a little shorter interval for next change even though they said my TBN was good but, I don’t think I told them I switched to Amsoil SS 5w20 with their filter. What do you all think? Should I only go 5k this time like they recommend or since I switched to new products, should I go for one year again unless I just so happen to get to say, between 6500 and 7,000 miles before next October gets here?

Keep in mind, this was also for a complete year on the PUP 5w20. As I said before, the next oil change and analysis report compared to this one should hopefully tell a good story...Lol.
467d180b6e90412928b591104ae32ed5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk