Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 162 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,003 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 665 23.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also. Whats everyones tips and tricks on 4x4 Hemi's getting Royal Purple 20-820 filters in and out. Man it's tight in there!

Remote filter relocation kit works for me. It's not just "ease of access", there are reports of used oil from the filter dripping down and getting into the 4x4 actuator harness and causing it to stop working (few hundred dollar repair).

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Also. Whats everyones tips and tricks on 4x4 Hemi's getting Royal Purple 20-820 filters in and out. Man it's tight in there!
I turn it loose and down so it's free of the engine and then straight forward. I use both hands, one up under and the other one shoved in the way you take the filter out

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I suppose most visitors who come here want the bottom line.
What's the best oil for the Hemi?
How do we prevent the Hemi tick?, etc.
For that, here we go... The Answer

For those who are interested in the technical details, here's a great video.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Question, how do you suppose the oem verifies their 8 speed transmission fluid level? I mean I kinda doubt they do the two video process to check the level. Just add the fluid and take it on faith when you buy a new ram it's full? If it takes 18 quarts they just put 18 quarts in every ram and that's call it good? I wonder how many off the showroom floor rams have either too low or too high fluids. random thought of the day.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Question, how do you suppose the oem verifies their 8 speed transmission fluid level? I mean I kinda doubt they do the two video process to check the level. Just add the fluid and take it on faith when you buy a new ram it's full? If it takes 18 quarts they just put 18 quarts in every ram and that's call it good? I wonder how many off the showroom floor rams have either too low or too high fluids. random thought of the day.
Gee...thanks...like I really needed to hear that? :)

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Gently massage the loom out of the way and all should be good! ;)

Initially on my then new 19' and now my current new 23' my Lube Tech told me that there was an issue in seating the RP 20-820 oil filter.

I gently reminded him that the existing loom must be gently repositioned out of the way in order to securely set the new RP 20-820 oil filter.

He massaged it, and then said "All Is Good".... ;)

Not a single leak with two OCI's on my new Warlock :)

Just properly lubricate the oil filter gasket before sinching it up...

We ALL KNOW what happens if you go in DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The trucks have been known to be shipped low on diff fluid,and the ZF equipped diffs in the 2018+ cars are famous for being low on fluid.Going by the amount of guys that drain 5 quarts out of their 8 speed,and get 5.5 back in,makes you think they're shipped with the bare mininium of fluid in everything.Couple pennies saved per vehicle makes the bean counters poop their drawers in glee, :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
View attachment 543704
Anyone seen this before? Looks like a throw away sludge machine to me.

I have a 10 year old push mower that gets used for 35 mins every week: april - october. Filled it with the oil it came with and never changed it since. Still runs perfect! :rotflmao:

I did do a little finger-in-the-fill-plug test this spring, it still has something that resembles oil so good to go again this season.

It was some el-cheapo and guaranteed the deck will rot out before the $80 chinese engine stops working.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 10 year old push mower that gets used for 35 mins every week: april - october. Filled it with the oil it came with and never changed it since. Still runs perfect! :rotflmao:

I did do a little finger-in-the-fill-plug test this spring, it still has something that resembles oil so good to go again this season.

It was some el-cheapo and guaranteed the deck will rot out before the $80 chinese engine stops working.
If the oil's synthetic, and you haven't gone 20k miles yet, should still be good to go! :)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Briggs & Stratton’s
Just Check & Add™ technology.

"They" say due to filter and fill tube preventing debris, no oil change needed. LOL, no sweetheart that is plenty cute but gas burns dirty, don't change the oil you will get acid build up. At 300 smokes I wouldn't say throw away either, and price will go up for sure. I say don't change at your own risk. Unless it burns oil for lubrication, which is does not say is the case/.